Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOT - Yay or Nay.

(Topic created on: 29-07-2021 01:31 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I thought  I'd  put this out for people  who wonder about their SOT( screen on time)

This is for the S21 Ultra with everything on Adaptive with 120hz , wqhd, Bluetooth, and on WiFi.

So I've been binging on Netflix and this is the craziest SOT I've ever had.

Just to prove my point that SOT is so subjective depending on what apps you use and whether you are in wifi or mobile network will determine your SOT and so is not really a good battery drain indicator.

So this is 1 Day of Battery usage with

11 hours SOT and 40 mins with 10 % remaining. 

5 REPLIES 5
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I agree with you, battery life really depends on how you use your phone.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@GoanGeek  Lol !!

You didn't put this up for people that wonder about their SOT...you put this number up to show off !! 😜

In all honestly, by you putting this up, you are going to cause a whole barrage of people asking why their own S21 ultra doesn't perform similarly.  

I have owned the S21 ultra since release date in January, and i have NEVER had such a long SOT time on my device.   Typically I will get between 5 and 7 hours, depending on the usage.        My daily usage will consist of maybe 1 to 2 hours of video playback, some music playback, some sat navigation and general social media usage for a couple hours a day.  I would usually complete the day with about 4 hours of SOT and 30 to 40% left.  I think this is far more common than 11 hours of SOT 😀

I also have better things to do with my life and work, than to sit and watch 9hr 12 minutes of netflix !! 😂

However as a trial, for one day this week I may just put netflix on my phone and leave it on the sideboard whilst I am working all day, and see if I can achieve your stats.   I do know that the TV services do not drain much power generally, i have sat before and watched golf on Sky sports NowTV app all day, for 6 hours and still had 40% remaining afterwards... 

A good effort for those figures, but please stop posting such high expectations on the group, as there will be hundreds of people now posting that they think their phone is defective, as it doesn't achieve the same on time as others on here.  I know you are a big contributor on here, and I enjoy reading some of your posts... but this is not one of them !! 😉

Kind regards

Smiley 😀 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe you misinterpreted my post.

I also get around 5 -8 SOT if I normally use my phone with a.mixture of gaming videos browsing etc.

Actually this for the first time I just binged on Netflix only just cause I was home and so that SOT is over one and half day and night.

My point of the post was just to show depending on what apps you use will determine SOT and its no way of comparing battery usage.

But I was definitely shocked with that figure as well as I never imagined you could get that kind of SOT .😁
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I agree it's all down to use I just got the s21+ I don't fully charge it unless I'm out I'd charge fully 20-100% I just charge 20-80/20-90%

So so far from yesterday charged IRS now 18:41 and 27% not bad either . I think that enjoy your phone and if one needs to charge as of when as long no drastic % drop like 15% drop in idle etc
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

No worries @GoanGeek ...my comment was a bit of humour as well... and it seems that you get a similar baseline level of battery anyway, on a normal day usage.  

Cheers

Smiley :smiling-face:

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes