Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoT 120hz to 60hz using Bixby ( result )

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 04:21 PM)
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
Yesterday I tested my S21 Ultra ( exynos UK ) with a Bixby routine I use/used on my S20 Ultra. The routine is having M/S drop to 60hz in specific apps where there is no real benefit of 120hz. For me, apps like YouTube, Amazon Shopping, ebay, messaging apps etc, leaving social media apps, browser etc at 120hz. Below is my screen on time in between yesterday's and today's full charge, mostly using Facebook and YouTube, Facebook being 120hz too, and leaving 10% battery. I use FHD+ resolution with Dark Mode, no gaming, I have 19 apps in total added to the routine. I understand this is basically what Adaptive M/S is for, but this routine has given around 1 hour 30 minutes additional SoT than when using Adaptive 120hz full time, give or take 15-20 minutes for different usage patterns. This could be useful to heavy users. 

Edit: if applying this routine, use the same res for both 120hz and 60hz, having the res change makes "some" apps flicker when opening. Just thought I should add that to the post. 

12 REPLIES 12
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's a fab idea I can only dream of that screen on time, I would have to charge the phone fully once to get that screen on time and that's at 60hz 🤣
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
Thanks for the tip, i just set up a routine myself. instead of setting some apps to FHD+ i kept it at WQHD+ capped @60 Hz.
i usually get around 7/8hrs of SOT with WQHD+ @ 120Hz depending on usage which is great in my opinion so hopefully with this i see some improvements in battery life! 😆
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Days I work I get around 4 hours SOT with a bit of gaming and everything in between and 50% battery left.
So I can push it to two day battery life if no gaming.
for me 8 hours SoT is very good.
I keep the phone on 120hz and wqhd.
AliIbrahim
Pioneer
Options
why have this type of phone with garbage screen quality?
I get around 35-40 hours battery ( charge at 20%) with a bixby routine 5o save battery when I'm sleeping
0 Likes
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
how do you set all this up? I have a fully updated S20FE 5G, my battery usage is good, but as they say, every little helps 😉
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I do the routine of switching some apps to 60hz but I still use wqhd+ 
I get to around 5-7 hours of screen on time depends on my usage, a total of 1 day 10 hours

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
been using the new routine since this morning lowering the refresh rate on certain applications & i'm already seeing an improvement. Currently at 52% from 100% with 3hrs 46 Min SOT. 6% was idle drain so taking that in account 42% has been drained from 3hrs & 46 min of SOT. Pretty good if you ask me considering i still have half a days charge left👍

Screenshot_20210308-160724_Device care.jpg

GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
sorry buddy, only just remembered about this 😄 if you haven't figured it out, it is - Settings > Advanced Features > Bixby Routines > Add Routine > IF = App Opened ( select App/Apps to include ) THEN = Display > Motion Smoothness and Screen Resolution > Select 60hz/FHD+ > Next ( Rename or leave it as is ) and select Done. Then when each App selected is opened it will drop to 60hz saving battery in the process, especially dropping from a locked 120hz. 🏌🏼
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
I get an hour per 10% end of the day I get around 9hours sot 120hz QHD but that's mostly if using WiFi when at work it dies quicker but I get 8/8:30h sot
0 Likes