Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonicare toothbrush disconnects during brushing session

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 11:34 AM)
klumpo
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I've got an annoying problem that only happens every now and then. Every now and then, during a brushing session with my Sonicare toothbrush, the app says it lost the connection with the toothbrush.

It says "Unable to connect. Guidance is no longer available." Then it says "To continue brushing, place your toothbrush on the charger and then remove to restart the timer."

It works fine on my old Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. I have tried several things like closed all apps, full battery, deleted Sonicare app cache, deleted app data and cache, connected toothbrush and logged in/synced all data, re-installed app and logged in google/email, reinstalled app and cleared bluetooth cache and storage.

Even the latest One UI 4.0 didn't help. I can't get in contact with Philips because the warranty period is over. 😕

Thanks

To continue brushing, place your toothbrush on the charger and then remove to restart the timer.pngUnable to connect. Guidance is no longer available.pngSoniCare toothbrush disconnects testing.png

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As it works an an older OS it appears the Sonicare app isn't compatible with Android 12 until it gets updated.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

When you switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10, some software will no longer work and the developers of that software need to update their software. It's the same for Android and iOS! As mentioned by @Pugs1957, the app needs to be updated to work with Android 12.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
klumpo
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replies. Philips support suggestions to clear cache and storage and re log in did not help. They did conform though that Sonicare app should work on my S21 Ultra exonys.

Anyway, it has worked much better lately with just one miss in a few months. Maybe an S21 Ultra update helped?

0 Likes