Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 11:01 AM)
Johnathan Madrid
Apprentice
Options

Good Day,

Recently after the newest software update, multiple applications have been malfunctioning. Everything from basic applications like Gallery to 3rd party apps like Snapchat. Seems to have caused an issue with the camera in certain applications as well as display issues, such as a screen static and tearing. Lastly the UI is very very sluggish and stuttery.

As I have factory reset my device already and haven't seen any improvement.

12 REPLIES 12
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Samsung is rolling out updates to fix some of these known issues.Screenshot_20211202-034035_Software update_34138_1638416437.jpg
0 Likes
ronnie12
Explorer
Options
Samsung don't care, I've reported this and they just said tough basically
0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Pathfinder
Options
I've lost various features and all they can say is "it should be there"
0 Likes
ElfStone
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey there,

Which latest update are you referring to? The big one where you got Android 12 or have you also received another update after receiving the one that brought the Android 12 upgrade?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So you have Android 12 on the phone and apps that are not Android 12 compatible so that should tell you where the issue is. You mentioned Snapchat, read the reviews on Google Play and you will see what I mean.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Android 12 in general is buggy.
If you just updated to Android 12 you should get another small update which fixes a lot of things.

Meanwhile keep checking both Samsung and Google store for app updates.
0 Likes
moodycow
First Poster
Options
Thankyou...I thought I was the only one. I've lost multiple photos from Gallery..I still don't know how to fix this but good to know I'm not losing the plot 😅
0 Likes
MH080386
Journeyman
Options
Android 12 seems to of really ruined these phones, using S21 Ultra & if a txt message or WhatsApp message comes through while using another app it lags terrible for a second or 2 until the notification finishes...it never did this before, but as people say, Samsung don't seem to care🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
Thunders94
First Poster
Options

Hi Johnathan,

Did you try to do factory reset?

Since the official update rolled out and up until today, I've had many issues with whatsapp, Instagram, viber, Facebook, maps and mailru... using S21 ultra became hell since the last update. I didn't believe that doing factory reset would make any change, but voila, everything's now working just fine.

Don't forget to back up all of your important data to Google or samsung account before doing that!

I hope it will work for you too! 

0 Likes