Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update gone wrong!

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 10:46 PM)
Members_p6hL7vc
First Poster
Options

I have the Galaxy S21 Ultra. I updated my phone a few days ago, following the notification from the system update and now MY PHONE WON'T WORK PROPERLY!! It is driving me insane!!

Apps crashing, most not working, missed calls, Internet dropping and phone not updating properly i.e. signal bar and WiFi are random and not consistent like before.

I've Googled everything I can think of and nothing works!!

Help!!!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Keep checking for app updates in both samsung and Google store.

Try wipe cache.

Repair apps in same menu after wipe cache.

Download good guardians and do the app optimisation.

If all fails try hard reset.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi I know its time consuming but a factory reset will fix all your issues, backup your device first.
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
If I backup phone ok samsung cloud and Google account will my WhatsApp backup get saved
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, you can backup your what's videos & pictures via your WhatsApp settings.
0 Likes
Members_p6hL7vc
First Poster
Options

Thank you everyone. Apps have all updated, I've done a full reset etc etc and it's still happening. I can barely use my phone because its that infuriating when it crashes each time. 

Chrome is the only thing that doesn't crash, but it lags very badly. I also can't open any links within apps such as Facebook etc. 

0 Likes
icogn1
First Poster
Options

I am having the SAME exact issue. I called Verizon and as of 11/24/2021 @6:45pm PST, they dont have anything in their system showing that a lot of people are reporting this issue after the Samsung software update. Do you use Verizon? I use my phone for work and has also affected those applications as well. Verizon network (data only, not voice) dropping very frequently, Apps crashing or not working properly, call drops and network connectivity issues. I've tried clearing cache data and reinstalling all apps -No change. I was thinking about resetting all settings but now that I have read that you have tried it and it didn't work, theres no reason for me to do it now. Either 1. Samsung rolled an update that has caused compatibility issues and apps need to update to stay compatible or 2. Their update has a bug that needs fixing. Either way it needs to be fixed NOW! Please.

0 Likes
Jack Buntin
First Poster
Options

I believe I am experiencing the same issue which could be linked to most recent software update (One UI version 4.0), Android version 12. All of a sudden I am experiencing drop calls. As soon as the call drops (like 7-10s) phone shuts off and Samsung Galaxy appears on a black screen. It takes a while for the phone to come to sense. If I try to redial, I hear a shrill noise for few seconds before the call goes thru. Few seconds later call drops again and cycle repeats. I called Samsung and rep asked to reset the network connection. Still the same issue

0 Likes