Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update for S21 Ultra AUBB

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 01:52 PM)
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Heads up! There's an update currently available for the S21 Ultra (SM-G998B) with the  March security update.
So far this is available for the S21 Ultra in the UK for non branded versions (BTU CSC).
Update may also be available for the other models of the S21 series although sometimes the version number may be slightly different.
At the moment I can only confirm availability for here but could very well be available in other countries also.

Go to Settings>Software Update>Download and Install to check whether it's available for your device yet.
Do not worry if it's not available for your device yet as it's not always available to all devices and countries at the same same but keep checking over the coming days/weeks.

2 REPLIES 2
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's strange how the numbers go back, the last update had AUB9.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options

There is a logic to their numbers I believe. I think they go by letters first then numbers. So say the next update would be something along the lines of AUBC - AUBX... and then the next letter before the last character for example AUC1 - AUC9 (they would move from B to C while the last character would start with a number again) then AUCA - AUCX (after they run through the numbers for the last character they move on to letters and the cycle continues).  There are also internal builds during testing which is why you normally see gaps between the last update version. This is all hypothetical and I'm only guessing from their past behaviour but I hope that makes a little sense to you. Otherwise we go nuts trying to figure out their pattern🤣.

0 Likes