Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update for S21 - April 2021 patch.

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 12:59 PM)
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
Edit: It is now available in UK. 🙌🏻

A large software update has started rolling out  in India this morning for the S21 series ( Monday 29th March 2021 ) it is around 1GB in size with April 2021 patch and firmware version G99xxXXU2AUC8. Camera improvements, overall performance improvements. Changes to portrait mode. 
I haven't received it myself so far, however it will be available in other countries very soon. 

I am in the UK with S21 Ultra SM-G998B - BTU.

My device.

India device.

41 REPLIES 41
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Nobody can say for sure if there are any issues with the firmware until a few days have passed. Downloading on my device as I type but i'm going to wait a few days before installing it. My device works just fine as it is and so no rush to update is needed here.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
No I've checked Reddit.. WhatsApp... Xda... Quick phone call. Seems good soo far.
mozzy
Pioneer
Options
There is an ever increasing number of members complaining of poor signal/connectivity and phone call issues including myself..

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-poor-signal-strength/td-p/2951550

Regarding the networks.. being an unlocked device, I've put in SIM cards from EE, Vodafone and Three into the S21 all of which failed to pick up a strong 4G/5G signal.
I'm not saying all the S21 series will have this flaw but this is my second S21 with this issue and this latest update hasn't resolved it either so please forgive me for not sharing your optimism that it's unlikely to be the device.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If you had 2 devices with the same poor signal then the likelihood is your network coverage in your area.
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
OK, that's unfortunate, first I've heard though.
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

What are noticeable changes after the install?

I'll wait for your updates here. I haven't got the update notice yet. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
So far everything seems the same, however I never had issues before the update.
0 Likes
mozzy
Pioneer
Options
You mean Vodafone, EE and Three are all bad networks in my area? I must be living in a nuclear bunker!
Seriously though..the same SIM cards work fine in other devices.
kkh786
Navigator
Options
Bluetooth range issues seem to have improved with my Watch3! Happy days! 👍
Current Samsung Devices: Galaxy S20+ 5G (Cosmic Black/128GB) | Galaxy Watch3 (Mystic Black/45mm Bluetooth) | Galaxy Buds (Aura Glow Silver)
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Hmm do you have any case on your phone? If so have you tried using it bare to see if it is hindering signal in any way?

In my testing of signal strength I haven't found anything lacking in my unit compared to any of my other phones, all signal strength are similar. I'd say you've been quite unlucky to get 2 units with the same problem if this is indeed the case.
0 Likes