Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update for S21 - April 2021 patch.

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 11:30 AM)
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
Edit: It is now available in UK. 🙌🏻

A large software update has started rolling out  in India this morning for the S21 series ( Monday 29th March 2021 ) it is around 1GB in size with April 2021 patch and firmware version G99xxXXU2AUC8. Camera improvements, overall performance improvements. Changes to portrait mode. 
I haven't received it myself so far, however it will be available in other countries very soon. 

I am in the UK with S21 Ultra SM-G998B - BTU.

My device.

India device.

41 REPLIES 41
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Don't get your hopes up. 😞 My main issue - slow 4G data - is still there, I think...
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I'll send you a reminder in a few hours ash 😜
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
It could be your network that's running slow. My speeds are the same as my old Huawei. I'm with sky mobile.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Unfortunately not, it's the ongoing issue others and myself have reported numerous times... I've already factored in usual congestion.

Later update/correction: 4G upload speeds outdoors (at least) are now up to expected levels, it would appear, after this update.

At last!

0 Likes
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
Let's see how the battery life is now
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
It's unlikely to be the device, mine is fine, however, you will notice one has been read as 3G by Ookla, that is because all 4 MNO's are re-farming spectrum and carrying out Vendor swaps from Huawei to ???. It may well be the phone but I've never head of that. Samsung smartphones, along with Huawei smartphones are capable of some of the highest CA configurations Mobile Networks offer, EE being the highest in the UK at LTE 5CA. I started uploading some UK Mobile Network speed/performance test for my home city of Hull on YouTube recently, I'll link it. Most are on EE and Vodafone because these are both my full time Sim Only, but there is some on O2 4G/5G and Three 5G too.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCNR_bFswPuuFIOT1Wsr1rXQ

20210329_113942_5705.jpg

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
There is a new version of everything I listed except for fingerprint, so Camera, Face Recognition, One UI Home, Lock Screen, Phone and Messages. I've recharged to full aswell to measure battery life. I've also Optimised my apps with Galaxy Labs App Booster.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Downloading it now, quite exciting getting a big update! 😃 Thanks for the heads up.

Ooh got an S20 update as well, fingers crossed they fixed the flash.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Looks promising. It's been an hour since installed and lost 3%.
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
Using it it stand by
0 Likes