Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So...

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 08:33 PM)
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I received my S21 today, so far it's a love hate relationship. I'm getting some heating issues when using the camera, nothing crazy hot but definite heating up which soon cools down once the camera is closed. First impressions of the camera aren't great, my partners Pixel 4a 5g seems to be better. Really liking everything else so far though, battery is bad atm but I'm hoping that will get better 🤞 undecided if it'll be a keeper just yet. How is everyone else liking theirs? 
39 REPLIES 39
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
If my battery doesn't improve and I only get 4hrs SOT in a weeks time I'll be returning it for sure. As much as I love the phone if the issues aren't fixed I can't justify spending so much on a phone that has continuous faults 😔
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
The problem is the display. It has lower resolution than all S versions of Samsung including S6. With low resolution photos and big screen like this one photos and videos looks terrible and blury. If u send Same photo to any other S version phone it will look better. My S6 edge looks better with the same photo on it. U have cheap display same as A71 half price phone.
0 Likes
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
That's not a very accurate statement though is it? The S6 had max 571 ppi on a 5.1" display, the S21 Ultra has 515 ppi on a 6.8" screen, it's a MASSIVELY better panel and in no way "cheaper". The A71 has 393 ppi on a 6.7" screen, you can't even compare them!
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
I'm talking about S21... S21 S21... look the S21 specs stop talking about Ultra ofc Ultra has top specs but almost same as S20. I'm talking about 2021 S21 .. with cheap display as A71.
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
same screen resolution with higher ppi due to smaller display ,samoled x2 with 120hz refresh. Still a better display than the a71.
Anyway, sorry to hear that you're not happy with yours, maybe you should return it? Stay safe my friend.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
Samsung S6 edge 5 years old phone - 1440x2560 - 577ppi destiny. Samsung s7 edge 4 years old phone - 2560x1440 resolution 535 ppi destiny. Then u have all the rest S8 S9 S10 S20 all higher. Today we have Samsung s21 1080x 2400 with 447 ppi ?????? I'm watching both of them S6 and s21 in front of me and quality of photos, videos and everything of S21 it's a joke. Thanks for replay but anyone can see this its this display of S21 it's just a joke. I'm watching both of them now S6 edge and S21 and all videos and photos looks better on S6. Also the screen of S21 have no colours at all is not sharp but that's normal when u see the specs of its worse. Have a great Sunday.
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
That's the problem with the past S series phones I think. They were going for higher and higher resolutions when the human eye can barely pick out the difference. Of course when new panels come out and peoples focus changes from highest resolution to refresh rate, brightness, colour gamut etc, the difference in sharpness will become apparent. There's no denying that past S phones have had astonishing screens and it's sad to hear just how disappointed you are with the panel on your S21. I guess it comes down to adding things like the refresh rate and additional brightness that made putting a higher resolution panel in the S21 not financially viable without making it too expensive compared to where Samsung wanted to pitch it.
Not the kind of thing that can be resolved with an OTA update obviously. I hope you find some satisfaction in whatever route you take to resolve your problem. Have a great day buddy.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
Thanks brother, but if I cannot play 1440p video in youtube that's just embarrassing. Imagine connect your phone to TV and play video on 1080p.. the difference between them is from earth to space.. and any S version 5 years old I think is S6 can play 1440p .. And the worst is resolutolion.. no matter your camera if u put 200 pixel camera on small resolution like this one the quality will be always worse than higher one always. You have high quality photo on small resolution screen which make it looks bad no matter what. That screen only save battery nothing else but I'm sorry if I want more battery with cheap display I will buy A71 with same resolution half price, cheap screen. Make photo with S21 and send it to S20 s10 s9 or what ever.. it will look better on old phones simply because of display. Also this S21 have no colors at all. I like quality screen I'm getting quality worse than S6 sorry I can't accept this this phone worth no more 600 euro I will say. I will happy even if its has the S6 edge display I swear.. but this one its just a joke.
dayaan1
Explorer
Options
like would be an overstatement. idk why but the speed of the fingerprint scan has gotten slower since i received it. i got it on the 28th
0 Likes