Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So...

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 08:33 PM)
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I received my S21 today, so far it's a love hate relationship. I'm getting some heating issues when using the camera, nothing crazy hot but definite heating up which soon cools down once the camera is closed. First impressions of the camera aren't great, my partners Pixel 4a 5g seems to be better. Really liking everything else so far though, battery is bad atm but I'm hoping that will get better 🤞 undecided if it'll be a keeper just yet. How is everyone else liking theirs? 
39 REPLIES 39
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
Yes I've said I'll give myself a week to decide, a phone heating up is of course a concern. I'm not that impressed with the camera either but I need to try it all out properly first as I only got it today so not had chance to properly try out the cameras yet and will see how hot the phone gets with proper camera use.
Case1188
Voyager
Options
s21 ultra, no issues whatsoever, it's a powerhouse, I really don't care if its a exynos chip, a snapdragon chip, or a McCain oven chip, I'm happy with my purchase.
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
let me how it goes with phone and if you send back
0 Likes
Gary34
Journeyman
Options
I've got the S21 Ultra and I've also had the camera heat up. also when I go on my Facebook story sometimes it just closes. some other apps are doing the same. anyone else having this issue?
0 Likes
michael39
Navigator
Options
I think this is a software problem if you look at the cpu use it run flat out doing nothing waiting on a firmware update
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I will do 🙂
Phil A
Pioneer
Options

mines the same, it heats up while using the camera after around 10 minutes of constant use , but not enough that it shuts down my app or anything or make it uncomfortable to hold, I like everything else about it though and the whole feel of the phone including the camera is better than my one plus 7pro

In terms of the changing colours on the different cameras I think it's to do with the focal length of each lens, don't quote me on that though as I'm not a photographer 😂

Ielite
Pioneer
Options
I also have the S21 haven't noticed any camera heating issues. However I am getting around 4hrs SOT time which is pretty bad, and have had the phone for a week now.
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I have to say 1stly that I DO ABSOLUTELY LOVE this phone from the design and the endless features that has Benn well thought of. probably my favourite samsung phone ever made even without the sd card. I've been a Loyal NOTE USER for many years and this looks and feels very much like a note finally. and this is probably why I'm really UPSET that I'm having so many issues with the overheating issues. but I am willing to wait it out for a little longer cos just imagine once it's fixed with a simple software update, then this will be an UNSTOPPABLE DEVICE. otherwise a disaster. samsung please fix this quick with the next update
0 Likes
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
Do you think it is something that can be completely fixed with an update? Although mine isn't getting overly hot (no warning messages on screen) I do worry what damage the heat could cause to other parts of the phone in the meantime. As I said previously though I'm reaply not tech savvy 😂
0 Likes