Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So...

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 03:56 PM)
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I received my S21 today, so far it's a love hate relationship. I'm getting some heating issues when using the camera, nothing crazy hot but definite heating up which soon cools down once the camera is closed. First impressions of the camera aren't great, my partners Pixel 4a 5g seems to be better. Really liking everything else so far though, battery is bad atm but I'm hoping that will get better 🤞 undecided if it'll be a keeper just yet. How is everyone else liking theirs? 
39 REPLIES 39
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
too many people around the world have same issue..just rung samsung to see where refund is and is due this week , and even samsung customer services agent said so many people are returning the S21 series phone with same over heating problem ...even samsung customer service agent said he would not take the chance on it..they are sending returns reports to samsung top management and all are overheating reports this was said to me by samsung customer services agent on the phone he also said there not sure yet if hardware issue or software
0 Likes
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I sent mine back yesterday and it was delivered to them this morning, they didn't ask my reason for returning and didn't at all sound surprised that after just 24hrs I called them to arrange a return.
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
too many people around the world have same issue..just rung samsung to see where my refund is and is due this week , and even samsung customer services agent said so many people are returning the S21 series phone with same over heating problem ...even samsung customer service agent said he would not take the chance on it..they are sending returns reports to samsung top management and all are overheating reports this was said to me by samsung customer services agent on the phone he also said there not sure yet if hardware issue or software..To be fair I was shocked at the agent from Samsung admitting there is a problem..not just we've heard nothing about heating problem as you would normally get from them
0 Likes
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
Well once I have my refund I'm going back to apple, I only ever really enjoyed Samsung and Apple and after this with the S21 I'm going back to apple for the next couple of years. I am one of few who enjoy both ios and android and don't mind changing between 🙂
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
my girlfriend got the iPhone 12 pro max got to admit its good
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm still rocking a Samsung S10+ here and that had its issues to begin with. Samsung never fully fixed them either! Anyway, I was unimpressed with the S20 as that had issues and I was really hoping to upgrade to the S21+ (maybe ultra) but again the S21 doesn't impress me. The S21+ is just a S21 with a glass back and a slightly bigger screen and battery, no thanks. With all these battery and heat issues I fear they will simply throttle the phones in upcoming software updates to help resolve those issues.

I like apple iPhones but I dislike the fact they make it difficult to repair and even disable some hardware/software features when doing third party repairs but even Samsung have started to do this so if I had to choose between the two, Apple wins my custom! I plan on keeping my S10+ another year now and switching to Apple if Samsung releases another flawed phone.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I've always had Samsung, had an iPhone about 7 years ago and loved it but went back to Samsung due to the price of apple however now there's not that much difference in price between the two and the trouble with the S21 I find myself going back to Apple again.
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I'm still waiting for refund they had it back 3rd Feb.. you had your refund back yet?
0 Likes
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
Yes I've had mine. I returned the phone on Monday, they recieved it back on Tuesday, they processed my refund late on Thursday and my money was back in my account yesterday and I've already ordered another phone!
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Got my money back in the end took over 2 weeks
0 Likes