Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So...

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 09:02 PM)
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I received my S21 today, so far it's a love hate relationship. I'm getting some heating issues when using the camera, nothing crazy hot but definite heating up which soon cools down once the camera is closed. First impressions of the camera aren't great, my partners Pixel 4a 5g seems to be better. Really liking everything else so far though, battery is bad atm but I'm hoping that will get better 🤞 undecided if it'll be a keeper just yet. How is everyone else liking theirs? 
39 REPLIES 39
Mihai06
Apprentice
Options
I have the same problem with my 21 ultra
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I was kind of expecting it after reading about it on here but was hoping I'd be an exception, evidently not 😂
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I had same problem over heating ..fry a egg on it hot ..I gave it 5 days to sort out with updates nothing changed for £1329 I said no way and sent back for full refund from Samsung ( UK) never seen anything like it before ..thought it would melt it got that hot ...using camera made it worse ....I've gone back using my S10 5G never gets warm and no problems on that one ... shame on Samsung and with how hot it was getting it must of damaged the inside battery etc was not going to take a chance on it....like I said before I've had all makes of phone and never ever seen a phone get that hot before... not just once but every time I used it
I hear people say wait let it do its thing etc but
I thought for a phone costing £1329 do I take that chance... no way was I
0 Likes
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
mine heats up only when using the camera if I'm not using the camera it's fine and when it does heat up it's not overly hot however I've yet to try video calls, I imagine that will cause it to heat up. I'm going to give it a few days - a week and see what I think then. How was Samsung's customer service? Have you had your refund?
0 Likes
Kazuko
Journeyman
Options
I got the S21 Plus - Definitely finding the same issue with the heat whilst using the camera. Despite that it's been an upgrade from my last phone, the heat issue is it's only faulter on it tbh
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
got on 28th jan sent back 3 Feb no problems you can send back for any reason within 14 days did not want to take chance on it over 14 days then it would be repair only ( online order direct Samsung )
DPD picked up refund next week
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
for 1329 did not want to take a chance if it was a hardware issue ...will get money back leave it few months see what happens then if ok buy again
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I have also found that switching between the cameras changes colours of objects sometimes slightly sometimes quite significantly which I find odd. Something red with look pink or orange and washed out on the different cameras, I'm really not tech savvy so I'm not sure if this is the usual case but I would of thought not
0 Likes