Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart switch not transferring galaxy photos

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 03:43 AM)
Enjaygee
Student
Options

I just got a galaxy s21 and transferred data from my old galaxy s8 via smart switch.  The vast majority of my Gallery photos were not transferred. How can I safely transfer them over, please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Enjaygee 

Usually Smartswitch is the best seamless way to go about this. Perhaps try the procedure again.

Personally when I moved info from my previous phone to my current one I just used my Samsung Cloud Back up but unfortunately this type of data is no longer backed up via Samsung Cloud.

Look at using your OneDrive if you use this option.

I now use Drop Box personally.

Hope that helps.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Gallery doesn't contain photos. It is merely an app that finds all of the photos on your phone. If you have just transferred the photos it can take Gallery a while to scan and repopulate.

0 Likes
Enjaygee
Student
Options

Thank you for very much for your valuable suggestions.  I did try again and found all my photos under "Google photos".  Gallery did repopulate, but many (like 22,000) photos were just a  grey reference with 0 bites.  What was most annoying was that photos appearing on WhatsApp chats/media on my old phone, were just a blur on the new phone.  Any idea how to reactivate those photos on the chat?  Or are they "lost"?

MamaBearT
First Poster
Options

I'd say at least half of mine did not transfer. I'm not happy. I used smart switch. 

0 Likes
MamaBearT
First Poster
Options

I used smart switch and only got a percentage of my photos, not half, maybe not even 15%. A lot of them are missing. 

0 Likes