Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small notification font size on s21 Ultra One UI 4

(Topic created on: 14-12-2021 08:06 PM)
Hoopy81
Journeyman
Options

Hello I upgraded my S21 ultra to one UI 4 and the notification font size is tiny. I have changed the zoom and font size to last toggle and the notification font size is still tiny. 😞 At highest settings most apps are huge and some I can’t even read cause they are a mess. Some apps I use the font is so much smaller at highest font settings also. 

Why can’t Samsung just add an option in settings to give users the option of changing the font size only without it affecting everything else on phone? Then people can also change font size for apps in font size and zoom separately.

Been with Samsung for years but if notification font size is going to be this small I will need to move to iPhone. You can make notifications as big or small as the user likes on iOS. One size or small size font does not work for everyone. 

Wish I had never updated  my phone to one up 4 🙁

15 REPLIES 15
Clevo
Pioneer
Options
I know it sounds simple, but have you tried a Restart of your Mobile?

Change the Font size and Zoom to whichever, then Restart your phone. 🤷🏻 Not come across this problem sorry
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Hoopy81 Fortunately, a Reddit user has shared a workaround that fixes the notifications font on One UI 4. In order to fix the font size, all you need to do is head over to the settings app and toggle the screen resolution to highest and switch back to whatever you want to.

Moreover, if you want to increase the size of notifications that appear on the lock screen, just adjust the text size in the ‘Font size and style’ settings.

With Samsung yet to say anything on the matter, we do not know if this is an intended change or a bug. Nonetheless, we will keep an eye out on the matter and let you know if and when Samsung has something to say on the issue.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Hoopy81
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for the reply will try that and see if it helps.

I really don’t understand why Samsung just don’t add separate toggle in settings to change notification font size only without it affecting the size of everything else on phone. 

people should be able to make notifications as large or small as they like. Samsung really need to up their game with accessibility. 

jel99
First Poster
Options

This is great information if you have an Ultra, but if you have another model S21 there is no screen resolution option. Nothing works to get the font size back to the way it was before. I have another weather app where there is a constant notification there and that font size is the same as it was. You can easily see between the two that the Samsung notifications coming in have at least 1 or 2 font point sizes lower than this. It's pretty frustrating tbh.

Hoopy81
Journeyman
Options

If Samsung don't fix this problem i can see them losing lots of customers. People will not put up with font size that tiny. It's bad! Tiny font size does not work for everyone.

Been on Samsung twitter, Samsung members and they just think you are stupid. Getting reply's about accessibility settings etc. It's a one ui 4 problem i know how to work a Samsung phone. 

I will need to sell mine and buy another phone. It's far to small for me. 😞

Walter1961
Journeyman
Options

Totally agree. It's terrible

0 Likes
Walter1961
Journeyman
Options

That only works for the Ultra. There are no resolution settings for the S21 5G.

Walter1961
Journeyman
Options

Fonts are way too small. Needs adjustment. More negative that positive for me in this One UI4.0 update due to this.

Hoopy81
Journeyman
Options

Just got another reply on Samsung members app again. They don't think there is any problem with the font size being small on s21 series. Unbelievable. 😠

Could anyone who also finds the font too small with notifications after updating to one ui 4. Please report it in Samsung members app so they will look at this. Thanks.