Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow app installation

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 06:18 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
S21 ultra seems to take ages to install apps. My old Huawei was almost instant. Is this a Samsung issue??
46 REPLIES 46
GionFain
Journeyman
Options

Same here. My old Honor 8 Pro was a lightning when it came to app installation, while current S20 is really a pain. I fear about internal SD writing speed being a lot slower, so... there would be nothing to do...

0 Likes
Jaggs
Explorer
Options

Guys I think I discovered the issue.

In

Settings ->

Battery and device care ->

three dots top right ->

Automation ->

Disable scan for malware.

This improved the play store install speed for me.

Let me know if you found this useful.

GionFain
Journeyman
Options

Wow, that's really a good finding. 

12mb app install time dropped down from 40 to 10 seconds! 

Great, thank you! 

0 Likes
alanwest13
Journeyman
Options

Installation of apps does not rely on the speed of Internet connection. My downloads are fast, but the app can take far too long to install.

0 Likes
Thermaltake
Journeyman
Options

I noticed that too. I install just now update for McDonald's it's 8Mb, it download it instantly over wifi I have 1Gbps connection via Wifi6, speedtest is measuring 936Mbps download, so speed is not issue here. It's something else. I noticed that for a while now. With almost every app that is installing it's taking too long to install, it's like read/write on memory on phone is slow for some reason...

Anyone found some way to speed that up maybe ?

0 Likes
Thermaltake
Journeyman
Options

This didn't really help, at all. I tried to install tinder it took almost 2 and a half minutes to install 40Mb app. This is not good at all on smartphone with this kind of specs.

Jaggs
Explorer
Options
So you are right. When malware scanning is on it takes 1:50 and when I switch it off it takes 50s. Watch the full video and see how to turn the malware scanning off.
0 Likes
Jaggs
Explorer
Options
Watch my video. U need to disable malware scanning to speed it up. U will get 50% faster install. https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/mNp6etzGM9Mi
0 Likes
Thermaltake
Journeyman
Options

I did disable malware scanning. But 2min and 30 seconds to install Tinder is tooo long for this kind of phone.

I used to work on some custom ROMs on xda, and before they were rooted, and after, apps used to install much faster on all my previous phones.

Don't know, and don't want to investigate is it google problem or some settings on samsung. But this needs to be fixed, asap!

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Only the play store seems to have this slow install. Galaxy store installs are much faster.
0 Likes