Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow app installation

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 06:18 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
S21 ultra seems to take ages to install apps. My old Huawei was almost instant. Is this a Samsung issue??
46 REPLIES 46
aa68
Voyager
Options
only on slow wifi, with background apps open and if you have too long of an install queue
0 Likes
aa68
Voyager
Options
also the ultras have been having some issues with the software, i would wait for an update before making any big decisions
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
my WiFi is mega fast... downloads are quick it's the waiting time for apps to install. just used to them installing instantly on my p30 pro. some can take up to 30 seconds.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
my WiFi is fast enough.

Screenshot_20210224-183523_Google.jpg

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It may be that Play Protect on the Play Store is slowing the installation down if you have that turned on. I do not use it and installation is pretty fast from Play Store. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's more of an on and off things, sometimes they install fast while some apps take ages or seem to hang, I'm none the wiser.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I think you're right, my installs do seem slow off play store but much faster in the Galaxy Store.

Update, tried installing with Play Protect off and it's still slow.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Interestingly I tried a test between my S21 Ultra and P30 Pro by installing Civilization VI from the Google Play Store. I found they both downloaded at the same time, but when it went to installing, the P30 Pro finished almost instantly while the S21 took another 20 seconds or so. I'm not sure if it's android 11 maybe but it's like that with all my prior Samsung devices, all of which are on android 11 (while P30 Pro is on 10).
pellz0r
First Poster
Options

I've noticed the same! I'm also coming from a Huawei P30 and I too think that the installation of apps on the S21 is really slow compared to the P30. Download speed isn't the issue as I've got an 500/500Mbit connection.