Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sleep mode keeps activating alarm no matter what

(Topic created on: 13-02-2023 02:38 PM)
VinMar
Explorer
Options

Sleep mode keeps activating the alarm no matter what I do. I have gone into the settings and dug down to turn it off and saved it but it reactivates next time. I deleted the current sleep mode then rebooted the phone and recreated it turning off the alarm but it still insists on turning it back on. I've stopped the app cleared the cache pretty much everything I could think of and it persists.

I've finally deleted sleep mode completely and just use the do not disturb under notifications and it's no problem. If you have other options you want to change during do not disturb most can be written into a routine that runs at a specified time period you can set parallel to sleep mode. Sure it's a pain but less painful than the bug that keeps arming the alarm.

Samsung you need to fix this.

Go to solution
73 REPLIES 73
renze1577
First Poster
Options

Same issue here.

I've disabled the wake up alarm in the sleep mode settings and I've turned off the individual alarm in the clock app. Every few days, the alarm will automatically turn back on again and goes off at 6am.

I just want to use the non-alarm features of sleep mode without the alarm, but it appears to be impossible now.

In addition, sleep mode doesn't activate or deactivate at the correct time about 50% of the time now either.

This all works fine about a month ago -- before the last system update that made sleep mode part of Modes and Routines.

Samsung, please comment on why this issue is happening and how to fix it.

Solution
VinMar
Explorer
Options

Yes read earlier post for the workaround 

0 Likes
Rodney5
Explorer
Options
Is that greyscale or dark mode? I already have dark mode set but can't see the option to set greyscale to come on?
0 Likes
VinMar
Explorer
Options

You need to create a routine to turn on greyscale. You can make the routine manual and create a button.

Pastyeater
Journeyman
Options
Same issue here, ever since the OneUI 5.1 update. I've turned off the sleep-mide alarm at least thrice now, but it keeps getting turned back on.
Members_vbg8QM7
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Even by tuning off the alarm in the clock app itt will turn back on automatically at the next end of the set sleep cycle.

There seems to be an option which looks to be designated to handle one time turn off vs turning off completely, because when I switch off the slider in the clock app then a small button appears with the label:  'turn on <2nd next bedtime date> before bedtime'.

And if I tap it, there is a note added to the alarm telling me it will be eventually switched back on the said date.

This things also seems to be broken. Regardless of tapping this button, the alarm clock acts as I had tapped it, while it should not be if I don't select it.

0 Likes
Macintop
First Poster
Options

S23 Ultra same issue. I tried some workarounds but can't turn AOD off and activate sleep mode on my GW5 without that mode.

VinMar
Explorer
Options

I set mine to sync DND with phone and it works fine... not sure what setting you have that is off.

0 Likes
CodeApe
Journeyman
Options

S20 UI 5.0, same issue since recent update 

DKBLUME
First Poster
Options

This is clearly a bug that needs to be fixed asap. What a inconvenience and makes sleep mode useless. Why no fix?  It was working fine before.