Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since Feb Update BTU S21 Ultra less smooth

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 09:45 PM)
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
Can anyone help 

Today I updated my s21 ultra and since the update I've noticed it doesn't seem as smooth 
I have cleared the ram in the device care and whilst it seems to speed up it then goes a sluggish again 

I haven't installed any new apps since the update and i have the 512gb version so have 16gb of ram so shouldn't be getting any slow downs 

Is anyone else suffering from this since the update?? 

Is there anything I can do - does the s21 ultra have rhe clear cache when restarting phone and using all keys to get access to the menu system before boot 

Any help will be gratefully received thanks 
6 REPLIES 6
Gman123z
Explorer
Options
I have the base S21 and have not noticed any stuttering since the update. However, the phone is consistently warm when idling and the battery life has now taken a hit and it was brilliant before. I've even cleared the cache partition and it didn't seem to help with the heat... (btw to do this you now need to have the phone plugged into a laptop when off and press and hold the volume up and power button and let go when the samsung logo shows)
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
hi

have you tried clearing the cache partition.

1.Firstly, swipe down to open Upper Bar and tap on the Power icon.
2.Then hold down Volume Up and Power button until you see SAMSUNG Galaxy logo on the screen.
3.Now go to Wipe cache partition. ...
In the next step select Yes option by using the same keys as before.
4.At last, choose Reboot system now with the Power key.
0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options
Yes. I suspect that Samsung have altered the "touch boost" on the kernel to save battery and heat. This would have the effect of causing slight stutter on scroll and in general. this is what I'm seeing after the new update.There's nothing we can do about it.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
So far see no performance reduction or change. I have noticed some games are better supported now though.
0 Likes
Adamksc
Helping Hand
Options
Best way is Flash software to previous AUAB
-----------------------------------------------------------‐----------------------------------SAMSUNG Galaxy S23 Ultra SM-S918B /DS
Samsung One UI 5.1 / Android 13 CSC-EUX
0 Likes
Ovidiullll
Apprentice
Options
I have the s21 ultra 512 and have the same problem, i can not play my favorite game on it because it's sluggish and it sticks. I have done everything, even factory reset but still the same. I don't know if it is a hardware or software problem. I noticed is a bit better if you turn off the animations.
0 Likes