Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM2 turning itself off and number unknown

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 01:38 AM)
scottkiely
Student
Options
Hi

I have a new S21 Ultra. When I go into sim card manager, sim 2 is off. If I turn it on and back out and go in again, it's off again 

Also sim 2 shows number unknown. Sim1 the number is there (I've blanked out for privacy reasons).

I bought this phone specifically to consolidate my work and person numbers.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
My 2 or 3 previous phones have usually always had one of the numbers show as unknown to but I've never had an issue with it turning off. Have you been able to turn on the option Dual SIM Always option?
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Here's what mine shows at the moment.

Screenshot_20210225-013643_Call settings_2172.jpg

0 Likes
scottkiely
Student
Options
yeah I can turn that on though it seems it forwards calls from one to the other when one is unavailable which I'd like to avoid. I typically typically mute calls from my work phone after 5pm
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Hmmm. I don't know really going to be honest. How about switching your work SIM to calls and messages and your personal SIM to mobile data and see if they both work that way.
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
One of the reasons for the unknown number not showing up is that the SIM with the unknown number has had its original number changed, so that could mean you've carried over an old number to that SIM.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Ah that's why. I've wondered why but never cared enough to find out as I've never seen it as an issue.
0 Likes
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
what's your font style please?
0 Likes
scottkiely
Student
Options
there's one checked off. that's exactly what I did
0 Likes
_Jonno