Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card manager

(Topic created on: 02-06-2022 01:42 PM)
Georgie04
Student
Options
Hi

I have just received my new phone (s21 ultra) and new sim. I have done the sim swap and kept my old phone number but when I go into Sim card manager under SIM1 it says unknown number. The preferred sim part only highlights Data and not Calls or Messages (which I don't know if that is correct or not). The photo I attached may make better sense. Anyone know how I can fix it and get it to show my actual number? 

Thank you.
Georgina.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
christianlowe
Navigator
Options
I wouldn't worry as long as your sim works and your number is correct. Mines always been like this on a few different devices in the pastScreenshot_20211006-181921_Call settings.jpg
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Did your network provide a temporary number while your number was moved over to their network  ?

If so the phone maybe still reading that a previous number was associated with the sim card.s

One way round is to sum swap to a Blank Sim Card which is supplied by your network @Georgie04 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Georgie04
Student
Options
I am not sure but the sim card they gave me for the new contract didn't have a mobile number on it. I did tell them I wanted to keep my old number so it could have been a blank one already? It is all confusing lol 😆 o2 told me to reset network settings but that has not changed anything. I guess if my number and everything is working all fine I shouldn't worry but it is annoying me haha 😅
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm thinking the sim card o2 supplied did have a temporary number assigned to it and then when your own number was assigned to the same sim card this maybe now causing the issue your now facing.

I've known in the past that performing a new sim swap to a new blank sim card has worked but I can't obviously guarantee this.

An o2 Highstreet Store can process this sim swap in-house.

Take ID if you decide to proceed @Georgie04 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
It's normal. Most networks don't program the SIM with the phone number. Even when they do, the number is usually incorrect as it shows the tempory number assigned prior to porting in. Here is mine:
Screenshot_20211010-161419_Call settings.jpg

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
AnnieBygrave
First Poster
Options

You can add the phone number manually by borrowing the use of an iPhone or Blackberry. Put your SIM in the other device and navigate to SIM cards. Click on the SIM card profile name - you get a editable dialog box come up. Type the number in the Number box and save. Take the SIM out of the other device and put it back in the Samsung. Check SIM Card Manager in the Samsung. You will see the mobile number instead of 'Unknown' . You may need to restart the Samsung to see this. Hope this helps

0 Likes