Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM & eSIM, can I switch between them?

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 06:29 PM)
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all,

hoping to get my phone fixed after the major screwup of android 12, I was considering getting an eSIM for my third line that I currently use on another phone.

I was wondering, if I have two physical SIM and one eSIM, can I select which one of them keep active (with the limit of two active at the same time, of course)? Or adding an eSIM will disable the second physical SIM?

12 REPLIES 12
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
I have no idea about eSIM because my country (not UK) and my phone don't support it. Try searching at Google. Hope your issue gets solved :smiling-face:
0 Likes
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks. I did have a look on google, but I can't find any exact information for the S21. eSIMs, phone supporting them and operators that allows them seem to be still something a bit new.

GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Settings > Connections > SIM Card manager. See if you can change yourself :smiling-face:
0 Likes
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

I don't have an eSIM yet 😁

I can change between the two physical SIM, but since I read that, even with eSIM, the limit of maximum two lines active remain, I was wondering what happens when you have also the two SIMs in the phone. It's written that you can chose between eSIMs (up to five on the same phone, for some model), but there is a bit of conflicting information about how to deal with the real SIMs.

GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
As I said below, I have no idea how eSIM works😅😅
Ask any career shop which has eSIM support. Tell device model and they will help you😃
Hope your query gets solved🙂
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@gpaolo79 

"You can use up to 2 SIMs on your Galaxy S21 devices. This means 2x physical nano-SIMs or 1 physical nano-SIM + eSIM). "

See...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-series-have-dual-sim/td-p/2632828

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

Aha, great! Thanks!

N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
Aren't esim built into the smartphone ? I don't think Samsung support them yet I know apple offer them on their iPhone but it's also only selected network providers as some networks don't offer them yet
0 Likes
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

No, you just add eSIM. S21 does support them, and a few providers already offer them.

0 Likes