Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Side button not working after UI update, and now it won't boot up.

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 06:05 PM)
StubbsUK
Student
Options

Good afternoon everyone,

not sure if anyone else has had this, but today I received a notification to update my phone IU... did this, phone restarted but strangely, the side button has stopped working - usually used to close / lock the screen.

Had a brief look on the phone, and it suggested pressing the side button plus volume down. this has now caused my phone to hang on the Samsung Galaxy start up screen. I'm now worried I've bricked my phone!

Has anyone else seen this problem? or have any ideas how I can resolve this. Typically, this phone controls most of my house as well, so i'm pretty screwed without it!!!

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hold down power button for 20 seconds, it should boot normally. Side button is now for Bixby. Side button and volume down should bring options for shut down, reboot etc
0 Likes
AltEnd
First Poster
Options
I also have this button issue after the update. You can hold the power and volume button for 20 seconds and the phone switches on, but then will never switch off.

The side button just doesn't work.

After 20 mins the phone switches off and with no working side button it needs another reboot.

The update has made the phone unusable. The expectation cannot be that I reboot everything I want to use the phone.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you clear system cache after the update?
0 Likes
Solution
StubbsUK
Student
Options
Thanks for your suggestions. Managed to get thru to Samsung Chat help. Turns out I wasn't holding the button down long enough! Now it's all back to normal... curious but at least I have my phone back!
0 Likes