Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of Samsung

(Topic created on: 17-04-2021 11:40 PM)
icreatura
Pioneer
Options
Seriosly, I realize  that I pay too much for a tone of useless features. With  my s20 ultra and s21 ultra  I cannot draw with finger a  bloody circle around the date on calendar!!! The option is only for S pen... I mean  you can use the finger on tonnes of drawing apps with useless features and filters,  but you cannot draw a circle in calendar. That is how far the greedy idiots go on tech world. Than I realize I don't have a simple radio fm build in, available on older phones.  than sd card go missing on s21, I'm still looking for the charger in the box and the headphone jack,  video camera is disappointing even with 120 fps is still shaking on frames, you cannot use on videocall the flashlight and back camera in the same time, and many more. I mean this the best what you can get on market after 15 years of progress? Who are those idiots who decide to cut features?  I don't care about the price, but in today's technology, you dont find a proper phone in the hole world without missing something or a restriction. This is  the last samsung phone for me and I will go for simple times. I bought a nice sony photocamera and the phone will be under 100 dollars just for call and text.  That is why I get mad with samsung, because I cannot draw a simple circle with my finger around the date on calendar, on top of the top of the top phone so far in 2021. Maybe will have this simple feature in 2034. Until than, I give samsung... the finger! Lol
22 REPLIES 22
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe next time you need to buy the phone which has things YOU need.
Research is key my friend.

For my Camera needs the S21 ticked all the boxes.

Beat of luck .

Instead of the new Sony camera, maybe yiu should look at their new phone coming out.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The only way you can use your finger is if you take screenshot of the calendar and then use your finger.
But I guess that defeats the purpose.
Then again that's why the this phone can use the Spen, it's just more fun and useful not to use it.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I apologise for my comments in advance...

If you want old tech...then buy a 5 year old phone ! ☎️

FM radio is a thing of the past. For FM radio analogue service to work, then with older phones needs you to also plug in an older headset that acts as the FM antenna. Otherwise FM radio doesn't work ! You are far better in this day and age for installing an Internet radio service.

In terms of the omissions of the charger block... 3.5mm Jack... and SD card... if you didn't know about these before buying the phone then have you had your head buried in the sand !!! These have been spoken about for months in the press... and actually it was Apple that started this fad. Samsung shouldn't have copied... but here we are and all manufacturers are making the same compromises. Those that haven't already probably will do in the future.

They all think they are saving the world by reducing waste. And most people already have chargers... the worst case is paying £17 for a charger !?!

The s21 ultra camera is currently being optimised and every month this gets better and better. The camera is now fantastic. This feedback is from those of us that have had this phone since 28th January.

Many of the manufacturers are also following the same principles at the moment... some of these removals are not the best idea I would agree... but nonetheless many other manufacturers are removing the same features and trying to save the world by not supplying needless chargers.

Most people are changing to Bluetooth headphones in this day and age. I had a previous s10+ for 2 years and I think I used wired headphones only a couple of times in 2 years. Like it or not, the technology has changed things and the lack of 3.5mm jack plug is likely due to people just not using plugged headsets anymore ... and so why add one to the hardware that makes waterproof protection harder and takes up internal space... if only a small percentage of users use wired phones nowadays ?!? Samsung also gave away a free pair of £219 buds to the preorders... was this a suitable trade for a missing 3.5mm hole in the phone that won't get used ??? ABSOLUTELY 👍🤔

If you had an S20 ultra previously then you clearly already have a charger... presumably that will also charge at 25watt ??

I just don't see why you have written this complete trash post to rubbish samsung. If you don't like it the send the S21 phone back ?

Finally, If you really need to make such circles on calendar... then spend £30 on an S pen !! Funnily enough... I use my new S21 and s-pen exactly for this purpose.. to write on your calendar... and make hand written notes... business meeting minutes... shopping lists etc.. it is a great addition.

Your term 'greedy *****' makes me laugh out loud.
😂😂😂😂😂

I guess you have made your mind up on Samsung... so I think you should go and find another phone manufacturer that allow you to write on a calendar, play FM radio through a wired 3.5mm headphones, and give you another charger block to add to you collection of probably already 3 or 4 kicking around.

Smiley 😀
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Thanks for the giggle. You don't care about the price but were grumbling about the price and how disappointed you are with the phone? If it's that bad why on earth didn't you return it for a refund? Research would indeed have helped since the S21 have been reviewed by so many sites I don't know how you could miss what has been removed compared to previous phones.

FM Radio is being turned off in the near future, all stations will be DAB only. This comes from my Brother who works for Global
icreatura
Pioneer
Options
No need to apologise, it's your opinion and I respected, that is why we use forum, and you should respect mine and not "trashing".
Clearly you don't get my point that having the option is key in everything. The world has changed with pandemic, we open the eyes and want back simple good things like fm radio in vacation ( with no signal in country side). Phone jack is not old theh, you got better quality in everything wired. Ask a sound engineer if you didn't knew
Who decide what people wants or and why? This is a device, not a fashion item to be in trend. The phone carriers paid samsung to block the fm radio for the users to use more data in everything, subscriptions everywhere nowadays, you going mental when you add up. Go to play store and you go crazy, simple full edit photo app in the past, now is split in 3-4 category with a monthly subscriptions each.
Don't give me that ***** with saving the world, and stop imagine and misleding that the business taking notes on the phone instead of real notebook. Technology for business is still the paper notebook, I try to use the new tech with the circle in calendar and you send me to carry another pen to draw on screen. But why I can draw on any paint app and not on calendar? Maybe to have a reason to separate the note users, to sell more, spread the market target, give them bits and pieces and keep them busy with upgrading lol
And stop telling people that if you don't like it, send it back. You are just a sheep with no brain and deep understandings. Keep remembering to respect my opinion lol
The ideea is that in present time, with all the technology available, there is no phone outhere with all the features available and some people like me, willing to pay more for everything in one device, and smack the ***** who tell me what I want or what is good for me
icreatura
Pioneer
Options
You must be joking with fm radio. Who is Global? They control the radio frequency of mother earth? lol Use your brain why fm radio it will stay 1000 more years , anyone with few transistors on a simple bord can start broadcasting. I know because I buid one 15 years ago with 1 km range for student camp, and they still using today. Internet is pain in the ass today and in the future, radio communications will keep going undisturbed because is reliable , and not controlled by Google, every country, every area on Earth is self controlled.
On other hand, I'm not looking for paid or misleading reviews when I buy something, I just go in the shop and ask for the latest and best phone available with the highest price, thinking that has everything. Like buying cars, the more expensive, the more features you have.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
No I'm not joking, Global are the Owners of several Commercial National UK Radio Stations including Classic FM. Global, BBC and Bauer are all preparing for the impending switch off. It's similar to when they turned off analog TV in the UK. The target was 2022 but has been put back to 2032
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
At the end of the day the s21 ultra is in my opinion the best overall phone you can buy right now.
Yes there are things missing like on all phones.
It seems a bit mad to get rid of the phone,but it is your choice obviously.
I just don't understand why you would go for a lesser phone just because of a couple of things you don't have on the ultra.
You can buy an adapter for your headphones,yes the no charger is a bit of a ***** take but we knew what we were getting before buying the phone.
SD card has never been a issue for me personally.
I hope you find a phone that suits all your needs 🤞.
Thankfully I have found mine in the s21 ultra 😍.
I'm no Samsung fanboy as I also own the pixel 5 and just sold my op 7 pro and 8t.
I love the pixel for its simplicity and I loved my op phones but decided I need to stop collecting phones 😅.
But again overall the ultra is king of the phones at the minute.

icreatura
Pioneer
Options
Man analogue tv is different, they had to changed to manage a huge nr channels lately but radio is the key communication in every country and for the saftey of the society it's a MUST to be on everywhere. In case of a natural disasters, long term power cuts, the only way to release official communications to people is by radio. Of course they push back to 2032, because the pandemic open the eyes and how vulnerable we are with all the tech and security around. The government control these fields not the owners of anything
0 Likes