Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping early?

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 08:36 PM)
Brad2607
Pioneer
Options

It looks like S21's have started shipping early?

I got a dispatch confirmation from Samsung last night, tracking hasn't updated yet though.

208 REPLIES 208
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

I work in logistics and this is perfectly normal for a company as big as Samsung to prepare and create orders like this. It is also normal for them to create a consignment with a courier for dispatch which will consist of a date of their choosing. Because of the nature of this operation, its not uncommon for companies to create a consignment a couple of weeks before the dispatch date. 

Therefore it is not uncommon for the recipient to receive an email to confirm that a consignment has been created and shipped. 

The reason why DPD does not recognise the consignment yet is because it hasn't been scanned through their system yet. This will not happen until the driver scans the consignment upon collection. 

Hope this helps.

Pete3012
Pioneer
Options
thanks Tommy you just shot me down in flames hoping I would get it early lol cleared it up nicely thank you
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Hahaha sorry Pete my bad 🙈😂

On a side note, you should be extremely excited right now, receiving a consignment email means that samsung have fulfilled your order and its all waiting to be dispatched on the 28th 🙌

FASTH2O
First Poster
Options

You are lucky.  My preorder shows expected ship date Mar 2 so debating to cancel the order.  Disappointing since I've been loyal since S3.

0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

I would give CS a ring or on a live chat pal, give them your order number and query the dispatch date. It maybe a system error.

0 Likes
FASTH2O
First Poster
Options

Thank you.  I did, so they bumped it up a week to Feb 23.  

0 Likes
Adam1196
Pioneer
Options

On my online order status, it states dispatched but no longer gives a delivery date. Not sure what date I’m expecting it. I hope it’s still the 29th or hopefully before.

0 Likes
Adamksc
Helping Hand
Options

Last year Galaxy S20 release date 10/03/2020

Samsung   dispatched  Galaxy S20  04/03/2020

-----------------------------------------------------------‐----------------------------------SAMSUNG Galaxy S23 Ultra SM-S918B /DS
Samsung One UI 5.1 / Android 13 CSC-EUX
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@Adamksc So you got your s20 early?

I've had two emails.  One from CS saying my s21 Ultra has shipped with a DPD ref that is not yet live.  I also got email from Samsung Upgrade Programme saying "Congratulations ... your new Samsung Galaxy Smartphone is on its way!"

Does seem a little too early to be sending them out though.

0 Likes
Yaseen1
Pioneer
Options

Has anyone received their phones yet?

0 Likes