Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shake when zoomed in.

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 02:48 PM)
S786
Voyager
Options
Ive noticed slight shake soon as ive just zoomed in. Is this normal?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I have the same issue on my S21 Ultra from time to time @S786 when recording video. When I record video on the 10x telephoto lens the image can be shaking noticeably in the viewfinder. Strange thing is though that when I play back the video it is smooth and perfectly stabilized. I keep my electronic image stabilization mode on though so maybe this helps here?. I find that after some software updates this issue goes away completely only to return after another update. There will be the same slight camera shake when taking pictures using a high zoom before the very high magnification stabilization lock kicks in as this is to be expected. Are your pictures and videos you take whilst there is shaking in the viewfinder coming out okay S786?..
0 Likes
S786
Voyager
Options
Thanks for the reply. Well the actual video itself does have a slight shake soon as its zoomed in but then is pretty smooth. Its just at the moment zoom in from lets say 1x to 3x or 10x.
S786
Voyager
Options
Thanks for the reply. The video does have the shake but its only at the exact moment that it zooms from 1x to 3x or 10x.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I think that smoothness of zoom is an area where a mobile phone will always fall way behind a good camera or camcorder S786. The shaking you describe sounds all pretty normal to me. I tend to use the pause record feature when physically in the act of zooming and letting record continue only when the viewfinder image has settled to keep my videos looking neat and smooth. It always amazes me that the IPhone to this day does not have a pause record video feature inbuilt. I could not get by without my pause record button. 👍👍
0 Likes