Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings pop ups not working

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 11:24 PM)
AryG15
Apprentice
Options
My permissions settings within settings aren't appearing correctly. I don't know when it started, I just stumbled across it trying to access default apps. 

Default apps

Location app permissions

Has anyone else had this issue and know how to fix this?
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm not sure what you are getting at. Can you elaborate?
0 Likes
AryG15
Apprentice
Options
The permissions setting pop ups within settings aren't displaying correctly. I also can't change the default apps because of this. The attached image shows what happens when I tried to change the browser app - I'm unable to do so.Screenshot_20220219-141615_Permission controller.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I'm sorry but repeating your post doesn't help. You can make apps default by going into settings, selecting the app and making it the default. To find app permissions I use the permissions manager. I don't see a current permissions pop up. How did you get that to appear?

0 Likes
AryG15
Apprentice
Options
That's all that is appearing when I go onto Settings -> Apps -> Choose default apps.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you, I understand, now. It is different to what I see. What is your current kernel version? Have you cleared system cache after your updates?
0 Likes
AryG15
Apprentice
Options
Currently on the Android 12 January security patch. Kernel is 5.4.129? (Apologies if that's not the correct thing). Is that the cache I need to clear by going into recovery mode?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi kernel version is in settings, about phone, software version. I just need the numbers grom the letter G.
Yes, system cache is accessed via recovery but nowadays you need to be connected to a PC to do this.
0 Likes
AryG15
Apprentice
Options
Just tried wiping the cache partition. No luck. Ah the G number is G998BXXU4BULF. I've attached an image containing the full thing.Screenshot_20220219-164255_Settings_35283_1645288977.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just had another look, mine is the same.Screenshot_20220219-170339_Permission controller.jpg
0 Likes