Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Edge lighting Colours for individual apps .

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 01:43 PM)
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
Hi , 
So I've just got the S21 Ultra and I can't seem to set the Edge lighting colours for individual apps , like for WhatsApp I have set for colour Aqua and text messages it's a blue, 
On my S10+ I am able to choose what app I want to set a colour for in the edge lighting options..
If I can't do this then this phone is going back .
If anyone can help as I've only got tomorrow as my deadline to send phone back . 
Thanks in advance ☺ 
0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
hi , ah no lol... is there any way of doing it thru here?
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Can't see anything that let's you send a Private Message on here unfortunately !
0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
oh that's unusual as most apps do .. Are you on anything else? hope you don't mind me asking you this 🙂
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
No don't mind - not really on anything else - not a big fan of social media - only use WhatsApp just to keep in touch with daughters and grand kids and that's about it !
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
ah that's OK, yeah I use WhatsApp, which just had a message come through and the edge lighting was green 😝 don't like green lol .. looked at what you said about the symbol saying App colour and that doesn't seem to do anything 🙄 ..grrrrr... decisions decisions lol ....
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah I think if you set an actual colour then everything will show as that colour - if you tap the App Colour symbol so it is ticked you will then get a different colour for eg messages and WhatsApp etc - you just can't define which colour for what
Hope you figure out what to do - if was me and liked the new phone would prob keep it 😀 - I haven't gone the S21 route only because am now mostly retired so don't use the phone as much as I did for work notes / lists / schedules etc so is difficult to justify the expense !
( have now " followed " you so will see any new posts you make so can help with anything if I can 😀 )
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
ah I see the difference now, with selecting App colour , yeah I will figure it out , need to today anyway 😄 ah that's good, I've followed you already 😀 and thank you for your help 😊 much appreciated...
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
You're more than welcome !
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - just being curious 😀 - did you keep your S21 or hold on to your S10 ?
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
hiya , ah I'm still deciding, don't know what to do 😁 so hard to know what to do 😁
0 Likes