Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Edge lighting Colours for individual apps .

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 11:24 AM)
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
Hi , 
So I've just got the S21 Ultra and I can't seem to set the Edge lighting colours for individual apps , like for WhatsApp I have set for colour Aqua and text messages it's a blue, 
On my S10+ I am able to choose what app I want to set a colour for in the edge lighting options..
If I can't do this then this phone is going back .
If anyone can help as I've only got tomorrow as my deadline to send phone back . 
Thanks in advance ☺ 
0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36
ghosty
Voyager
Options
may need to wait for edge lighting+ to be updated in good lock. that one has not been updated to one ui 3 yet I think..
WilliamQ
Apprentice
Options
Hi

As below,, colour by keyword is the missing link to change the colour

<

Brief pop-up settings

Edge lighting style Glitter effect

Colour by keyword

Show even while screen is off
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Think you can set to " app colour " which would differ by app but this must be a system based colour per app I think rather than the user being able to set a specific colour for an app Tried this and txt message showed blue edge and a WhatsApp showed green ;

Settings - Notifications- tap on brief as the pop up style then below that tap on Brief Pop up Settings then Edge Lighting Style - will get a panel at bottom of screen with 3 tabs - Effect Colour Advanced Tap on Colour and at left hand side there is a black& white symbol saying App Colour - tap on that instead of the actual colours on the right hand side then tap done

Perhaps not ideal as you can't specify the colour for each app yourself but may help a bit by at least giving different colour notifications
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
thank you for replying, I have set that so see what happens 😊
0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
hiya, thank you for replying to me, yeah its making me think whether to keep this phone now, as I liked that fact setting a certain colour for certain apps, I need to decide today as uts the deadline, and I have to trade in my s10+ which I don't really want to part with 😒 Whats your opinion on this phone?
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - I don't actually have an S21 / S20 - still on the Note10+ though it is updated to Android 11 UI3 so I have the same thing with the app notification colours etc as is the new system update that's causing it

So maybe worth bearing in mind that some of the niggles like the colour of app notifications are due to the Android 11 UI3 update and will therefore be the same on your S10 when you get the update for it - if you haven't already ! Think if you happy with the new one and not having any of the overheating and like the screen etc better then maybe keep it
Only prob with keeping the S10 and not updating it to Android 11 is you will no longer get any security updates

Just something to consider but is a very personal choice 😀

papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Prob should have said that if you haven't already had the Android 11 UI3 update for your S10+ you will get it at some point soon - Samsung are currently rolling it out and the S10 series will all get it - but as I said above if you don't install it then you won't be able to get future security updates

Let me know what you decide 😀
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
Hi , ah OK, yeah I think the S10+ will get the Android 11 updated at some point as not had it yet, so yeah probably do the same then .. its OK phone, still having a job to type as good as on my S10 it's easier lol.. but probably get used to it, No it doesn't over heat or anything... just a tad bigger than my S10 an getting used to it 😃

is there any way to contact you in a message or anything?
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - I don't mind you contacting me but not sure it would be a good idea for either of us to put phone numbers or email address on here for all to see ! ?