Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Spotify as default music app

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 06:23 PM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
How can I set Spotify as default music app ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Easty 

I always use Spotify myself.

Basically I tap on my Spotify App icon and this opens up my Home menu page and I access and listen to my music that way.

I also opt to force close the Samsung Music App via Settings … Apps … Samsung Music … Force Stop.

There is also an uninstall Button at the bottom.

Also in that section there is a Set as Default which I have set as Not Set As Default.

I've never un installed this app but possibly if a person decides to and then installs another Music app then the phone will ask for that to be chosen as the default option.

This is an older thread from another forum which may or may not help.

Samsung-galaxy-Change-default-music-player. 

Looking at Settings  … Apps … Choose Default Apps at the top this only let's a limited number of apps be chosen as default but unfortunately a Music App isn't available in there.  😞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
workedin
First Poster
Options

I don't use the Spotify app. I've heard a lot about this app, and many stars advertise it. Many people buy a subscription just because of this. This has become a kind of trend. Fortunately, I don't fall for different trends. Otherwise, I would go with dreadlocks and pink hair.
It seems to me that a Spotify subscription is not very cheap when there are cheaper alternatives. I think it's just unreasonable. Usually, I download music on this site, and everything suits me. Besides, I don't have to pay a subscription every month. I can buy the song I like, and that's it.

0 Likes