Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending TXT Message is sending from wrong number

(Topic created on: 16-02-2022 02:15 PM)
wivelden
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I just bought a S21 Plus and had my old number transferred over from O2 to 3 network.

When I send a txt if the chat features are on in the settings, it shows its sent from the number that 3 network sent me on the new sim card. If I turn them off it shows its sent from my old number that I had moved over from O2.

In the phone app my number is at the top and it shows the number I was sent by 3 network on the new sim. It wont let me edit it as its on the sim card.

How can I change this please as its confusing to the recipient. Thanks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Justmarcoj
Apprentice
Options

Hey Guys, i stumbled upon the answer by accident. All you have to do is install google message and set it as default, once done open Samsung messages and pop in your number into the Rich messaging prompt and ur good to go !!

gibbo84
First Poster
Options
I had this when my number ported over. I found a solution for this...
Go into Settings ->>Apps -->Messaging --> Storage then clear cache and data.

Go back into messaging, then chat features and it refriy the number your on.
0 Likes
S21-
Student
Options

I had the same issue, changed provider and ported my number to the new sim, but soon found that sms messages were sending from the temp number the sim had before I ported my number over.

I found then that the default mesaages app had cchanged at some point to Google Messages.

I was sure I'd figured it out when I found that by clicking into the Avatar /initial in the search box at the top of the Messages-> Messages Settings -> Advanced-> Phone Number,  this was set to the temp number. However updating this made no difference.

Then I noticed in Messages-> Messages Settings -> Chat Features it said Chat Features are ready to use for <temp phone number>

Disabling / re-enabling Chat Features did not make any difference.

To fix, set the default Messages app to Samsung Messages, or any other messages app, then switch back to Google Messages.

Now when you go into Messages Settings -> Chat Features it will ask to verify your number and once verified, your number for SMS messages will finally be updated.

MsCeeDee
First Poster
Options

Thank you, this helped me with my S22+. Cell carrier and Samsung couldn't figure it out. 

0 Likes
Justmarcoj
Apprentice
Options
Good stuff, glad it helped.....annoyed me for such a long time 😀
0 Likes