The s21 ultra takes great selfies too 

12 REPLIES 12
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello,

what a wonderful selfies! :smiling-face:

Are they 10 Mpx or 40 Mpx images?

Feel free to share more pictures here in Samsung Community.

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

Vincero
Apprentice
Options
They're 40 😉✌🏼
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

I was wondering they were 40 Mpx, so much detailed images cannot be only 10, but usually S21 Ultra users don't use the maximum resolution for selfies so I asked :smiling-face:

See you soon!

Vincero
Apprentice
Options
Ah OK, I think it is just a 40mp front facing camera, the only thing you can change is the angle, normal and wide. Don't quote me on it, I only got my s21 ultra last Thursday, I treated myself on my birthday. Hope you're well man ✌🏼
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

No problem :smiling-face:

Actually, the front camera sensor is 40 Mpx, but normally the camera application shoots in 10 Mpx (I made a mistake in posts before, the rear facing main camera shoots at 12 Mpx, not the front one) using the Tetra binning technology that merges 4 pixel in one to capture more light.

In good lighting conditions, you can change the resolution (going to the aspect ratio setting and changing to 4:3 (40 Mpx)) to capture more detailed pictures. I was wondering whether those images were full resolution ones or not, as they are so much detailed, but normally no one changes the resolution to shoot in 40 Mpx. Maybe the author may tell us which resolution he used to take those selfies, I was asking for this information.

There's much more to discover about the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, enjoy your new device and you made the best gift for yourself! :smiling-face:

See you soon!

Vincero
Apprentice
Options
Yes maybe he will tell us! And yes I know this I was just saying it's a 40mp camera dude 🙋🏻
sequincrayfish
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys, it was in 10mpx sorry for the delay and still trying to take advantage of all the features really and figure out which is best for certain scenarios. Thanks for the comments/interest in it all, if you guys have any good camera set ups then feel free to let me know what settings work in the best environment.

Cheers guys
0 Likes
sequincrayfish
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys, it was in 10mpx sorry for the delay and still trying to take advantage of all the features really and figure out which is best for certain scenarios. Thanks for the comments/interest in it all, if you guys have any good camera set ups then feel free to let me know what settings work in the best environment.

Cheers guys
Vincero
Apprentice
Options
Wow that's a good quality pic man for 10mpx!! I know exactly what you mean, there's so many options. Hope you're well