Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security update?

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 03:54 PM)
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I bought the ultra a couple of days ago and after setting it up I performed the security update and I noticed immediately that the fingerprint scanner had to be pressed a lot harder than a few moments before the update. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?Prior to the update I just tapped it and it worked fine. 
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
When setting up your finger print be sure move finger or thumb in different positions so it can confirm finger print
0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
It can't except your fingerprint unless you move it about.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@taxineil Hi, try to fix this problem by Reset phone to factory settings. Please backup and reset the device, without using backup, Please install all apps again. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
That is a bit drastic, it took quite a while moving everything from my old phone, I may just send it back for a refund.
0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
Good idea but still the same for me.
0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
I think this has something to do with the update as the fingerprint scanner worked fine before I updated the phone.
0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
I eventually went to Samsung store where they put it through a battery of tests, all to no avail, so I either live with it or send it back. It did arrive with a screen protector fitted so I wonder if it's that. Still feel it was Nov 1st update though.
0 Likes