Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure folder

(Topic created on: 29-12-2022 05:05 PM)
crags
First Poster
Options
I've been told by Samsung that getting a notification to unlock my secure folder every single time I reboot my phone is to make my secure folder "more" secure!! How?? I was quite happy with my secure folder being constantly locked until I wanted to access it, where as now the only way to get the notification off the screen is to unlock it. How is that making my secure folder more secure are Samsung snooping or just talking *****?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
It basically just enables the Secure Folder after a restart. Once you "unlock" using your PIN. You still have to enter the PIN number again in the quick settings swipe down list. It remians in the same state as it was before the restart.
0 Likes
crags
First Poster
Options
Yeah but you have to enter the pin every single time? What is the point of this its ridiculous. I've had Samsung for 10 years and never had to do this, and of you don't do it the notification stays on your screen until you do
0 Likes
Forgus2000
Apprentice
Options
This notification is completely ruining this phone for me. Having to mute this notification every two hours is driving me crazy. My phone is in serious danger of being thrown out of the window.
I've been trying to find out how to roll back the software to before Samsung introduced this incredibly annoying pointless notification, but it seems we can't even do that!
0 Likes
Forgus2000
Apprentice
Options
I've just installed an app called "Autonotification" which you can use to block unwanted notifications. It seems to work for getting rid of this pointless annoying notification.
0 Likes