Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Folder Access

(Topic created on: 27-01-2023 04:46 AM)
DubbleAitch
Student
Options
I am unable to access my Secure Folder. I have forgotten my password. The 'Forgot Password' option does nt show on my screen. I called the Helpdesk on 18th January who took control over my phone however they were unable to help. They advised that I await the next softwarw update. That was yesterday and still no change. I have tried the suggestions in the forums to no avail. I don't want to do a factory reset as an alternative suggested by the Helpdesk if the Software Update didn't rectify the problem. Can anyone help? 

PS. I have an S21+
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@DubbleAitch: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your Secure Folder. Please can you attempt the steps below, to see if you're able to resolve the issue? 

1) Settings > Apps > Samsung Account > More options(...) > Tap 'Uninstall update' (Samsung Account v14.0.00.11)

2) (In case of reset Password needed) Settings > Tap and sign in 'Samsung Account' on the top > Run 'Secure Folder' > Mistype Password > tap 'Forgot password' > Tap 'Reset' on the reset Password popup > Enter New Password.

Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
DubbleAitch
Student
Options
Hello Andrew,
Can you please re-read my post again just for clarification?
The Helpdesk advised to await the next Software Update as it would rectify the problem. The update took place 25th January and I am now on Version 1.8.00.36.

As for suggestion 2 - I do not get the option to 'Run Secure Folder' at all on my device unless I am looking in the wrong place?
0 Likes