Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen rotation upside down.

(Topic created on: 15-12-2022 07:52 AM)
wildyeti
First Poster
Options
Anyone else having this issue, when I rotate my screen, say to the left, it rotates up flips the screen so its upside down. 

Checked calibration and sensors and according to the phone its all correct. 

Anyone know how to fix this?
18 REPLIES 18
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried turning it to the right ?? Just to see if it's the phoe that does not know it's left from it's right 🤣
0 Likes
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options

Yes i have had the same issue after the latest update. I have had to turn the auto rotation off

Members_dr3qSZ3
First Poster
Options

Yup, im having the same problem. It fixes itself for a bit when I restart my phone, but then goes back to flipping upside down. Very frustrating

AndrewL
Options

@Members_dr3qSZ3: Does your issue occur while you're using a particular app, or is it persistent? To troubleshoot the situation, please try placing your phone on a flat surface, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom and tap on Auto rotate so it locks to Portrait mode, then tap it again to re-enable Auto rotate. With the phone still resting on a flat surface, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, then tap the Power button in the top right and select 'Restart'. 

0 Likes
Lyng
Student
Options

This his happening after a few horurs after reboot.

Your suggestion is not solvang the issue. Have to reboot every Day.

Members_HNnmzHy
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue on S21 5G. I can also confirm that the actual sensor is flipped by using a leveling app. It clearly shows that the "left/right" sensor is flipped as the levelling bubble moves the wrong way. 

So its not an app misreading something. It happens on Youtube and other streaming apps. In the levelling app. 

Not sure how to see the software version. But oneUI 5. 0, Android 13. Installed updates when prompted to.

The error is not isolated to a single app. 

vaderr
First Poster
Options
This happens regardless of app I have the s20 + issue occurs after a few hours as mentioned above inly way to fix is turn auto rotate off or reboot phone can't be calibration if reboot works it's bug in new ui release
EjDzejDzi
First Poster
Options
Same here on S21U.
Members_YzEet5z
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.