Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen protector

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 12:16 PM)
strebor1991
Apprentice
Options
Has anybody had any luck finding a screen protector for S21+ that actually works with the finger print reader?
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Nicks29
First Poster
Options
I've tried this one and it "sort of" works. Not that consistent though. You would need to mash your finger on the display to make it work. BTW, I am currently rocking the S21 ultra.

TAURI 2 Pack Flexible TPU Film Screen Protecto
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Would suggest Whitestone Dome glass protector - have had on my Note10+ for over a year and is perfect
0 Likes
Case1188
Voyager
Options
I have the Whitestone Dome on my s21ultra with no issues.
0 Likes
michael39
Navigator
Options
would you not need to remove the factory fitted one first
0 Likes
strebor1991
Apprentice
Options
mine only had the film not factory fitted one
0 Likes
michael39
Navigator
Options
hmm I have the plus to there is one if you look closely around the edges and the camera
0 Likes
strebor1991
Apprentice
Options
I'll have a look next time I need to change the screen protector
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
My UK Exynos S21 Ultra 512Gb came with a factory fitted screen protector out of the box. It does make the finger print scanner a bit hit and miss but it is no deal breaker and can be worked around. Many people are not noticing their factory fit screen protectors. I only noticed mine as a ring around my selfie camera. 👍
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What you may find is that the phone comes with an in-transit plastic sheet which peels away but then there is a factory fitted tpu screen protector fitted unless your in the states.

It it hard to see as it's so well fitted but via using your finger nail you'll be able to feel the edges.

If a person wants to fit their own them this has to be peeled off.

Personally I remove these as I'm not that into the feeling of plastic and as such replace them with the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector which is case friendly,  adheres to all of the display hence no dead spots and works well with the fingerprints sensor. It's not the cheapest available but certainly the best in my opinion.  :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes