Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen protector

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 07:32 PM)
Audmacd
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone recommend a screen protector for the S21+ the fingerprint recognition is not working with the one I have even although the rest of the screen is responsive! I've looked at various ones and they seem to have mixed reviews.
10 REPLIES 10
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Whitestone Dome glass protector Have had on my Note10+ for over a year and works fine ( I don't even need the extra screen sensitivity option turned on ) They are a bit more expensive but worth it If you go that route watch their installation videos first and take your time installing it - looks very fiddly but is actually quite easy to install - just make sure you follow all the instructions
Audmacd
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, don't mind paying extra for something that works.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah I had tried 2 or3 before I saw a recommendation for the Whitestone and no regrets - as I said watch the install videos first, even have a wee trial run without using the adhesive first, cover the speaker openings etc with the strips they give you and make sure you have it on a level surface - they also have extra instructions ( can't remember if was in the instructions in the box or on their site re the fingerprint screen area
Does sound complicated but actually quite easy to do 😀
Steff1000
Explorer
Options
Ebay, Input S21+ rugged case, or hybrid cases ( into ebay).
Steff1000
Explorer
Options

Steffan.
Steff1000
Explorer
Options
Amazon also have screenprotctor s, but usually at a higher price. Shop around!
Steff1000
Explorer
Options
If you fingerprint scanner does not work. Either try deleting existing fingerprints in the security menu in settings or make a back-up using a SD card and factory reset you mobile. As you you are setting up you phone it will ask you to enter a fingerprint.
Do as the prompt says and it will also ask you to set up a four digit pin code do that as well. Once completed, once in the lock screen it will ask you for a fingerprint or pin code.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Did you set up a new fingerprint after you installed the screen protector?
0 Likes
Audmacd
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I initially set it up with the screen protector on but I was having problems. I then removed the screen protector and cleaned the screen before setting up the finger print, I read somewhere it's best to set up the fingerprint before installing a screen protector. Once set up I cleaned the screen again and put on a new screen protector but it's still not responsive. It's driving me mad because I keep getting locked out of apps. I don't like not having a screen protector on but I'm getting to the stage where that's going to be my only option. This is the biggest disappointment with the S21+ for me.
0 Likes