Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen of death on a ultra21

(Topic created on: 03-07-2021 11:25 AM)
Cabunag
Journeyman
Options

A new phone I bought from E Bay an ultra 21 5g got the screen of death I managed to fix it, should I be worried about the phone, maybe send it back.

Also the battery is not as good from a 5000 battery what kind of screen time should I get and how long when playing films on u tube.

Maybe that's the phone some say its bad some say good. When I do the tests I use all the tips to extend battery live, low resolution and 60hz.

8 REPLIES 8
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
All depends on the quality of the fix Cabunag. My 21 Ultra had the screen of death (caused by a defective battery) when only one month old. It was insured and was fixed within 8 days. It came back with a new screen and display and battery and has performed brilliantly ever since. Battery life can vary from phone to phone for whatever reason but I find my second battery performs very very well but so did my first before it went rogue. This forum is a good place for comparing your battery performance figures with those of other people's. This should give you a good idea of how healthy your phone is performing. I hope you find out that your phone is performing well and that any fears you do have will melt away. 👍👍
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I get 5 -8 hours SOT with everything On depending on how I use the phone.

I have 120hz ,wqhd, 50% brightness, 5g, Bluetooth On and almost everything on auto.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Cabunag personally think  it can be somewhat of a  risk buying electronics from E Bay. 

In terms of optimisation you may to consider using  WHD+ and standard refresh rate some of   the time and disable any connections when they are not needed.   You should ensure that aps which are not used a great deal are not running in the background and are utilising the Battery Care settings.  Some suggest using a Dark Mode at certain times of the Day.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Using WQHD+ and 120Hz, expect at least 10h SoT of youtube.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@Joeeye wrote:
Using WQHD+ and 120Hz, expect at least 10h SoT of youtube.

If anyone expects 10h SOT then expect to have your expectations broken. 😂

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Cabunag
Journeyman
Options

Many thanks for taking the time to reply i am doing a video test watching on U Tube all being well its heading for 18 hour run time confirm this later.

I really wanted to know if the screen of death is an indication of troubles ahead i still have time to send it back, it did all the checks to confirm the phone was not refurbished and is new. 

As for battery times it wildly varies on the net from only 3 hours screen time to over 12.

Cabunag
Journeyman
Options
  • Tried to reply seems i cant send the same message as it looks like you can only reply to one at a time.

Here is the original reply

Many thanks for taking the time to reply i am doing a video test watching on U Tube all being well its heading for 18 hour run time confirm this later.

I really wanted to know if the screen of death is an indication of troubles ahead i still have time to send it back, it did all the checks to confirm the phone was not refurbished and is new. 

As for battery times it wildly varies on the net from only 3 hours screen time to over 12.

Cabunag
Journeyman
Options

Here is my first reply