Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen lock

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 12:39 PM)
Chrisol
First Poster
Options
Hi
Is there a setting to turn the screen off when you put the phone down or in your pocket. 
I can only see a time setting for the screen to turn off. I put it in my pocket but the screen stays on for the set time.?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just tap the power button.
CodyH
Voyager
Options
Can sometimes double tap blank part of screen if setup or allow for that in settings that is.
0 Likes
Chrisol
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the reply, I can do this, but I don't want to wear the button out pressing it all the time. So wondering if there was another way.
0 Likes
Chrisol
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the reply, Yes this works for opening, but it's locking the phone that's gone backwards for me, I had an S9 that you could put in your pocket and it locked straight away.
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

In Settings / Advanced features / Motions and gestures you might find what you want.

I just double tap the screen to turn it on or off. 

I can also awaken the screen by tilting the screen.  You've got several options without having to use the button. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
Chrisol
First Poster
Options
Ok, I'll take a look thank you for your help
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Chrisol: You might want to check out Settings > Display > Accidental Touch Protection, on, as this protects the phone from accidental touches when it's in a dark place, such as a pocket or bag. This, coupled with a quick tap of the Side Key to power off the screen when you're not using it, should resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
Chrisol
First Poster
Options
Ok thanks for the heads up Andrew
0 Likes
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
Buy the Samsung cover. Does exactly that when I close the cover
0 Likes