Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen issues

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 03:09 PM)
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

so im having to return my phone and get a new one - because the screen is beginning to show blue smudges/banding - esp visible in white/grey background or low luminosity 

is really irritating bcz it really is visible and takes the whole joy of the otherwise beautiful screen - it started showing a few weeks ago but is getting worse now - so had no choice but to return it

i didnt drop it or did anything to the phone so is something that happen on its own - is almost like a burn in but is not burn it is a smudge - like i said most visible in white background - it looks blueish but it can be seen anywhere where the is a monochromatic background

i tried switching to 60hz but didnt make a difference 

2 REPLIES 2
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Any screen problem that results in it marking up in any way is a nightmare of mine London2tim. Your screen on your phone is everything and a problem ruins the whole viewing and ownership experience totally. I had burn in on my old S7 Edge after only 9 months of use. I was given a replacement handset very quickly and this experience really showed me how we take a healthy screen for granted. You have had a bad experience here and I am sure you will be the happy owner of a healthy screened phone in no time. I wish you the best of luck and a rapid happy resolving of this issue London2tim. 👍👍
0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

i was/am lucky to have bought mine from amazon and they kindly allowed me to return it for full refund - despite being outside the return window - so wow - how lucky and how great i bought it from amazon

i owned a samsung phone for every year for 10 years but this is the first time i had screen issues - so am nervous it might happen again with the next one

read online a few people have had issues - i wonder if this years oled displays are more prone due to being a newer technology - IDK is just annoying as otherwise the phone is fine - but now that i have seen that smudge i cannot use it without discomfort - all i see is the smudge 

0 Likes