Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Issue on S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 10:21 PM)
potz24
First Poster
Options

I noticed that when I am scrolling on my facebook app or google chrome, apps that uses a white background, I discovered that my s21 ultra shows a hardly noticeable white horizontal strip line across the screen just above the finger print sensor. its quite annoying as it cannot be captured by a video and you wont notice this on a colored image. but when you go across bright white or light colored backgrounds, it shows.. anyone encounter this with their phone? 

if you have a sharp eyes, this is the link for the video:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tMr_DhJDHpMJG9oc7D6Qff0GSmrEn8oO/view?usp=drivesdk

15 REPLIES 15
Seeaaannnnyyyyy
First Poster
Options
only got the phone today but can't say I've noticed this issue at all
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
you may have screen burn in, permanent damage to the screen, it is a common issue with AMOLED/OLED screens.
0 Likes
Rick101
First Poster
Options
Haven't noticed that. but I have noticed it missing touches, quite often needing 2 or more touches before it responds. Anyone noticed that?
0 Likes
del07uk
First Poster
Options
it has only recently appeared on the upper part of my screen, any ideas what causes this or a way to fix it?
0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

i started to get them on mine too - only maybe a week or so ago - but its defo hardware so cannot be fixed except returning it and get it fixed or replaced

idk what is going on - maybe the high refresh rate or the phone getting too hot sometimes has cause some pixels to darken -eek

0 Likes
lenardrecto24
First Poster
Options

had mine returned and replaced the screen itself. now its oaky. but I feel bad about having my brand new phone "repaired" just after a week of usage.

London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

yes i feel like its the lottery 

Prince Aaron
Student
Options

Mines is doing it now, but it seems like it's going in and out. Plus the screen that shows my battery percentage while plugged in and not being used looks off. Instead of showing just the battery percentage, the whole screen is showing in a dull black color. 

Mt89
Student
Options

It's also happened to me It's in repair now

0 Likes