Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen experience

(Topic created on: 04-11-2021 01:55 PM)
GeriX
Student
Options

It's been two weeks since I swapped my Samsung S10 Lite for the S21 Ultra. I have a habit of working at night in complete darkness. With the S10 Lite I had no problem with this, I worked with the screen at minimum brightness and my eyes did not get tired. After upgrading to the S21 Ultra, when working in total darkness, I feel very uncomfortable for my eyes. The first thing I did was turn on the Eye Shield and thought I would get used to the flicker of the new screen. But even after two weeks of use, I was not used to it and my eyes began to hurt more. I started to search different forums for information about this problem and found that I was not the only one who got eye pains while working with the flagships starting from the S20 series. On YouTube there is a lot of evidence that Samsung flagships flicker in the unacceptable range for safe use in total darkness. And they also point out that mid-range phones do not experience such problems. Samsung, when will you add technology like "DC Dimming" to the S21 Ultra?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Have you tried
A brightness dimmer app
May help with your issue
0 Likes
GeriX
Student
Options

Sure, I tried OLED Saver, but when application is running I can't make a screenshot of the screen for my work, because of the specifics of the OLED saver

0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
None of the Display settings help you then?

How about Accessibility settings, like Visibility Enhancements?

Settings - Accessibility- Visibility Enhancements

...or there might be something in Developer Options that could help, if you're confident enough to dabble with them!?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well One UI 4 has extra dim feature if yiu wanna wait.

Or try dropping the screen to 60 htz and maybe fhd to mimic a budget phone and see if it helps.
0 Likes
GeriX
Student
Options

Not the solution for me. But thanks for trying to help!

0 Likes