Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen burm

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 06:13 AM)
PaulWatson
Explorer
Options
So I have a question will widgets cause screen burn 

I had the s20+ and after a year it got screen burn way to much tiktok during lockdown 😄 

It was annoying me so I purchased a s21 ultra and want to add my widgets to the home screen however I'm worried they will cause screen burn too , 

Any information would be great not the most tech savvy 
3 REPLIES 3
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Reduce your 'screen timeout' time... what do you normally set it at?

Settings - Display.

Screen burn, provided that there's no damage to the unit, is normally covered under manufacturer warranty 24 months but few things help to stop screen burn and ghosting icons like reduced 'screen timeout' time.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @PaulWatson 

I've not been affected by screen burn on my phone's however it can certainly affect some phone's which can attributed to how it's used.

My screen time out is set to 2 minutes and it's rare I leave anything static on my screen for extended lengths of time.

Samsung phone's are designed and optimised to utilise widgets so they shouldn't adversely affect your phone.

The Samsung Limited Manufacturing Warranty should cover issues like this.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Just out of curiosity, is having screen brightness maximum all the time contribute to screen burn or icon ghosting? I mostly find having it half way adequate for day to day use and never had screen burn. Like BandofBrothers... mine is set at 2 minutes too.
0 Likes