Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Brightness keeps staying very dim even in bright sunshine

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 12:04 PM)
FK1983
Pathfinder
Options
The brightness of the screen on my S21 Ultra can be amazing and really bright in sunshine but it totally randomly goes very dim even in bright sunlight.

I've tried auto and manual brightness but no luck as right now I'm typing this in bright sunlight and the screen feels like it's less than half brightness 🔆 

About 10 minutes ago the screen was really bright and amazing. 

Does anyone know what is causing this problem or if anyone else has the same issue or a way to fix it or reset the brightness settings? 

Thanks 

Fisky
25 REPLIES 25
radu_cloud
Student
Options

For me it worked by UNINSTALLING and REINSTALLING of the "Device Health Services" app. 

It worked without cooling down the phone (battery was at 38°C before and after).

And it had not worked to clear storage of the app, force stop, disable it, only uninstalling from Play Store worked.

I have an A52 with Android 12 and latest updates, but since the issue was exactly the same as for S21, I hope the solution also works.

Members_sWwWPPQ
First Poster
Options

Thanks very much! This works for me! It was the most annoying thing on my S21. It stays bright now, even at 42 degrees!

0 Likes
Mariush
Student
Options

Which of the several solutions discussed worked for you?

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

They liked the post directly above their own, so I'm guessing that one? I can't uninstall the app on my S21 Ultra so no good to me.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
tbud1981
Journeyman
Options

S22 Ultra is the same way... It works sometimes but only when I don't need it too... But when I'm actually using the phone and need it to work... It never works

0 Likes
Dharsen
First Poster
Options

Thank you. It worked for me. 

0 Likes