Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving photos to external hard-drive

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 06:59 PM)
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I'm beyond frustrated with my S21.  When I plug in my phone to my laptop using the Samsung cable, allow access to data, it shows that my photo file folder is empty. It's not!! I've been backing up photos for years and this is the first phone that won't let me. Help!

20220128_121201.jpg

Screenshot_20220128-121443_Settings.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

I did try two different laptops already.

Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

Yes everything is still on my phone thankfully 

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
It might be the permissions you are giving your laptop to your phone. Try changing it on your phone to transferring images. If that doesn't work, try to see if you can change access permissions on the laptop end. This should work! 🙂
0 Likes
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

I already tried the transferring images option. I'll look at access on my laptop but I'm not hopeful sincei tried my personal and work laptop with no luck. This used to be so easy with my S10, S9, S8 etc. 

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Honestly, if this doesn't work, maybe sign up to Degoo (cloud service - it's free and Samsung endorsed it) and transfer your files from the phone, to the cloud, then to the laptop? Long way round, but it might work 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I'll look into Degoo. I use Google photos but have always kept a backup on an external drive in case. It's so frustrating.  I hate this phone. I loved my S10. Wish I hadn't "upgraded" 

My other stupid phone issue is when I connect to my VPN... it slows the phone down so much that its dysfunctional.  Never did that on any other phone. I've had a VPN for YEARS. I also have incredibly fast internet so that's not the issue. 🙄

Thanks for all your help

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Will settings
Accounts and Backup
External storage transfer
Work?
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
On the other phone with vpn issues, clear the cache partition and it might resolve the issue.

No worries, glad I could help 🙂
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If my comments were helpful, please click the three dots on them and select accept solution. Thanks again! 🙂
0 Likes
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

No that doesn't work. Thanks though 

0 Likes