Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving photos to external hard-drive

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 05:17 PM)
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I'm beyond frustrated with my S21.  When I plug in my phone to my laptop using the Samsung cable, allow access to data, it shows that my photo file folder is empty. It's not!! I've been backing up photos for years and this is the first phone that won't let me. Help!

20220128_121201.jpg

Screenshot_20220128-121443_Settings.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try looking in DCIM or other folders in the Files app, until you find what you are looking for 😎.

If that don't work, try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should solve the issue. Search 'how to wipe cache partition S21' and make sure the phone is connected to the laptop 😀. Hope this helps!
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

How do I transfer photos from my smartphone to my PC? /Mac

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-transfer-photos-from-my-smartphone-to-my-...
0 Likes
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I did that even though it was scary! Now my laptop doesn't even see my plugged in phone. Doesn't ask for access to data???

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Unlock your phone lock and your phone should appear on the laptop 🙂
0 Likes
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I looked at the link and am doing everything right. I don't understand?

0 Likes
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

Still no 😪

0 Likes
Mccartsm
Journeyman
Options

Just unplugged and plugged my phone and it appeared and asked for access to data. I'm was so excited.  But it still shows all my DCIM folders as empty. Actually every folder is empty? Documents.  Downloads. 😭

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try using a different PC and see if it shows up on there. It might be some sort of incompatibility issue 🤨
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hmm... but on your phone, your photos are located in DCIM in the Files app, right?
0 Likes