Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung won't fast charge

(Topic created on: 13-12-2022 04:09 PM)
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
So I got the officia cable the brick (even tried others) and it says fast charging for about a second then goes to normal charge. My fast charging setting is on. My super fast charger/cable works.... but that'll won't fast charge either. I can only seem to cable charge or super fast charge. I have the latest system update.
Is there any way to fix this? Like clean some cache or restart a system app or something? I got S21 ultra btw
Thanks
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ScottyUK
Navigator
Options
If you've the same Superfast charger as me then the charger only does Superfast or normal and doesn't support Fast charging (s21 ultra too)
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
If you are on android 13 it won't show on the display if it's using super fast charging when plugged in
0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
Yeah I have noticed that. But I've also tried using the normal adaptive fast charger which doesn't work
0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
It does SUPER fast charge but not fast charge
0 Likes
Dknuckles
First Poster
Options

It's ever since the update last week! I've been searching non stop. Multiple different cables multiple different super fast chargers all do the same, plug it in it says "super fast charging started", then switches to "charging" 45 minutes to charge from 85%. Does the same with fast charging as well! 

Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Mine displays superfast or fast charging but then stops displaying the message, it does however still fast charge / superfast charge but without the message so worth monitoring it.
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
Okay thanks for the replies. Mine does the same, says fast charging or super fast charging then changes to just cable charging but in the battery settings it shows that a fast charger is connected
0 Likes
AshP_
Options

Hi @Dannyboii, with One UI 4.1.1 and higher software versions, it's normal behaviour for your phone to first display Super Fast Charging and then change to state it's 'Charging'.