Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Upgrade Programme - Error?

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 04:54 PM)
kategrice90
First Poster
Options

I recently upgraded my S20 to an S21 ultra 5g using the Samsung upgrade programme. I ordered the new phone 14th Aug, received it 15th Aug. I received the trade in envelope a couple of days later and posted my S20 back to them. The exact date I posted it I cannot remember off the top of my head.

On 24th August I had an email to say my order had now been completed and it may take 10 days to settle my outstanding balance with Klarna.

On the 27th August I received an email to say your new smartphone is on its way with what looks like a new programme reference and instructions on how to return my old phone when I received the new phone and trade in envelope. Alongside that I also received 2 emails from Klarna one saying that it had reported a return for my old phone and the other said I had a 30 day payment pause whilst I returned the goods.

Then on the 27th August another email come through saying Order completed and showed me my new phone on the order with a long reference number.

Today 2nd September I received a trade in envelope to send my old S20 back in. My S20 was posted over a week ago to them and to my knowledge had been received and it was all done and dusted. 

If I go into my Klarna app I can see it says goods returned and they are waiting to hear back from Samsung.

I am now panicking that they did not receive the S20 that was posted back to them, even though I had an email saying order was completed. I don't have anything in my returns section of the website. I have tried explaining everything over the phone to support and on live chat but don't seem to get anywhere.

Can anyone shine any light. It sounds like they've duplicated my order without sending me a duplicate new phone but are expecting another S20 back!

Please help! 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
cbrowng
Explorer
Options
Exactly the same has happened to me, but upgrading from a note 20 to the fold 3, same sequence of e mails. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @kategrice90 

If you're unsure, please get in touch with our MTR Team on 0333 207 9676 or email helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk, as they'll be able to provide you with information on your old handset. 

0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
May have to claim on the postage company to get a replacement phone
0 Likes