Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Upgrade Program

(Topic created on: 28-01-2021 10:25 PM)
simonturner1967
Journeyman
Options
Lovely to read all the posts about getting your new phones, but I have read a few where you have no info on how to return your old phone if you are part of the Samsung Upgrade Program. 
I wanted to share what happened to me last year that is still causing me issues today, in the hope you don't get the same problems. 
Last year on launch day, I was already part of the program so purchased my new S20+ ultra as in previous years. I had a feeling something went wrong when I purchased, so the next day I phoned to check, perhaps the language barrier but I was assured that everything was in order.
Sure enough on launch day the phone arrived and I waited for the return packaging that usually arrives a week or so later. This never arrived, so I chased it up. 
It was then it transpired that my new Klarna contract had not linked to my existing one and that I now had 2 phones and 2 contracts.
After much discussion I was advised there was nothing they could do to link the contracts and that I needed to buy another s20 ultra and link this to my s10. So at one point I had 3 phones. This all worked and I was able to send back the S10 and the first S20. All seemed well until this year. 
Because of the delay and that my contract was taken out after launch day I am unable to upgrade until April, both this year and next I have missed out on the launch offers and also the major benefit of this scheme, getting a new phone every year.
Tonight I am sad and a but jealous of all the posts of the new phones, but note with caution some people saying they have no idea how to return the phones they have. Check your order email the email has a line that says something like welcome back to the upgrade program if it's linked successfully. It's subtle and easy to miss compared to welcome to the upgrade program in your first year or like me when it went wrong.
I feel let down by Samsung and Klarna that no one was willing to offer me a solution to get my contract back on track with the launch windows. But this post may just help if someone is unlucky enough to have found the website fail them.
2 REPLIES 2
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@simonturner1967 

oh my so sad...

here are helpful links/contacts about upgrade programme

1. Upgrade Lounge, you may check now if you are eligible for upgrade

https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/?loginOpen=true

2. Klarna contact about payment issues/queries

0808 189 3333 or email: customer@klarna.co.uk

3. Samsung Recycle who's in-charge of collecting the returned old phones, asked them to send a return package if not yet received

0333 207 9676 or helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk

4. For more Upgrade Programme queries, contact Samsung Online below

0330 726 7467 and email support@samsunguk.zendesk.com

cheers 😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

simonturner1967
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for reading my long post, I exhausted 1,2 &4. I would have been OK to pay the installments up to April and upgrade now, but nobody was willing to help. Samsung on my last call basically said "go away, you are not listening to the fact we won't do anything, because you don't like my answer " when I asked if I had the option to escalate my issue. 😥
0 Likes