Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ultra S21 - NIGHTMARE

(Topic created on: 17-01-2022 12:07 AM)
Elsophillia
Journeyman
Options

Got the Samsung Ultra S21 for Christmas and it is the worst phone I have ever had, the only good is the camera.

If I get 1 days battery out of it I'm lucky, it drains so quickly. It overheats  if I talk on the phone as it gets to hot to hold to my ear (earphones were not included when buying!!!). The battery takes ages to charge- WHY!  None of my apps are uptodate- I have to close them and reopen for them to refresh. Apps are super slow- especially instagram when creating videos and uploading. The WiFi drops out even when i have signal - it's constantly having problems connecting. And don't even get me started on the keyboard (writing this took me 10 times longer than on an Apple or Oppo keyboard lol).

This phone has major defects and I've had it for 3 weeks. I hate it, it makes everything i do slower. 

I wrote to samsung 5 days ago and have heard nothing back. I don't know what to-do but I cannot use this phone any more. 

I have contacted consumer rights and am waiting for Samsung to get back to me.

The disappointment is real 😞

Sophie 

#Samsungs7problems #needinghelp #someonerespond #phoneproblems 

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
It really is about time they recalled the S21 Ultra

It is quite simply a DREADFUL mobile phone at so many levels.

If you are still within your returns window, I urge you to take up the option to send back and refund then go to a different brand.
Elsophillia
Journeyman
Options

I agree. Since I have voiced concerns with this phone about its safety and functionality I have received numerous repsonses all saying the same. This is a product recall as far as I am concerned!

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Sorry you are having problems with your phone,but mine like many others has been a brilliant phone 💪
Elsophillia
Journeyman
Options

You are one of the lucky ones! From all the feedback from here and friends and family there is a small percentage of people who love (5%)....so at least some people got a good one.  

After it spontaneously overheating whilst on the phone I personally can never trust this brand again. For me safety is compromised with this design and many others have also revised the same feedback 😞 

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Again sorry to hear you have had issues with your phone,but there are many many happy customers with the s21 ultra.
It is still regarded as one of the best phones you can still buy today.
A simple Google search for s21 ultra will show the phone has been rated 4.5/5 by 82297 happy customers,and these are only the people that have bothered to write a review.
Also people are more inclined to write complaints rather than positive comments.
Again it's a shame you have been one of the unlucky ones but it is still a fabulous phone and arguably one of if not the best overall phone you can buy at present.
0 Likes
Elsophillia
Journeyman
Options

Do you work for Samsung ? :winking-face:

Seriously though, out of everyone I know and I have spoken to - there is not one person who has said the new models of Samsung are amazing. Yes the camera is, everything else a big ole no. 

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
😂 no I also own an iPhone and pixel but I do not work for apple or Google either.
I get that some people have had issues but to say the whole batch of the s21 ultra is ***** is laughable.
Design, performance, display, battery oh yes and the camera are all top notch 🙂.
There are people like yourself who also have issues with iPhones,pixels, OnePlus etc.
I mean lucky there is plenty of phones to choose from so hopefully you find one that meets all your needs 🤷‍♂️.
0 Likes
Elsophillia
Journeyman
Options

lol I was only joking 😂 But in all seriousness there are very few positive experiences from many people using the 7Ultra. Maybe there is a dodgy batch, maybe you got lucky and many didnt...who knows. 

What I do know though, is that when I pay $1800 for a product I expect it to be safe and usable and do what it advertises it does -my needs met when this happens. The Samsung ultra 7 did did not do this.... I expect it to work- not overheat, freeze, have a slow operating functionality, disconnect from wifi, be slow to charge and lose charge within a few hours. That is not acceptable.

Thankfully, we are protected by Australian Consumer Law, especially when there are major problems with an item. 

The worst things about this- and it is something you cannot quantify- I have lost hours of work (as I am self employed) by setting up a new product transferring data etc only to find the new product doesn't work as advertised, and then I have to reset it all and send it off to be looked at. I have lost a huge amount of time and effort....time I should be spending with my clients. I wont get that back, and the response from Samsung 'do a data reset'....like yeah, we all have time to do that because your product is faulty. Hence I am now using a different phone- its old, its cheap... but it works....relief.

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
The issues you explain clearly point to a damaged phone.
Just send it back and get a replacement or refund.
A true s21 ultra is a beast of a phone 💪.
All your problems are a result of overheating it seems.
If you have done a partition cache wipe and galaxy apps booster after every update and still have such issue you clearly have a defective product.
How long have you own it?
Why haven't you sent it back yet?
0 Likes
Elsophillia
Journeyman
Options

I had it for 3 weeks, experienced multiple issues. Emailed Samsung, no reply after 4 days (they have a 24-48 hour guarantee response) so I commented on a few of their social media posts and just like magic I received a direct message, they advised they never got an email from me. I resent the email and they replied. I tried everything on their their list (this took me a day), still the phone was defected. It was sent back 4 days ago....haven't heard anything from them since.

Its tracked and they have it. Looks like the quality of their customer service matches that of the Ultra 7 ! 

$1800....seriously, I would have paid them not to have to go through this experience. Never again will I trust or use Samsung!

0 Likes